FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the brand new & FREE Mercedes A-Class forums!

Please signup for free here: Register

Once you have joined, introduce yourself in our newbies forum! We also have technical forums for each A-Class model as well as general A-Class chat, off topic chat, galleries for posting pictures and lots more A-Class forum stuff coming soon!

☹️☹️☹️☹️

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
DrBailey View Drop Down
A-Class Newbie
A-Class Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrBailey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ☹️☹️☹️☹️
    Posted: 09 Dec 2017 at 4:38pm
Murphy's law just struck... I had a simple job to do today to add the quick connect for my new battery charger to the battery. Started when I removed the 6mm positive clamp nut. The thread was damaged and the nut was tight to remove... just as I finally got it off it flicked down the back of the battery ahhhhh! I couldn't find another 6mm nut so I decided to take the battery out resulting in the clip holding the front of the box to the back snapping... so now I have a damaged battery box just trying to fit my quick connect..

God knows how much that's going to be...

😂😂😂
Sponsored Links

JB-A45 View Drop Down
A-Class Expert
A-Class Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JB-A45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2017 at 9:20am
if it doesn't say "mechanic" on your CV leave it to the pros lol
Now moved on to an M235i M Performance convertible DMS map 411bhp / 590nm torque

Previous car A45 AMG Cirrus white
zash View Drop Down
A-Class Expert
A-Class Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2017 at 11:59am
It can happen to the best us. I used to do a lot of mods on my previous car, like changing, injectors, fuel pumps, manifolds etc.

There's been a few times when I stuff up on the last bolt (usually when tired) and then have to fish for it in the engine bay, and sometimes it's forever lost

Do some plastic welding with a plastics glue. It's not a part that's needs to look good, just functional.
DrBailey View Drop Down
A-Class Newbie
A-Class Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrBailey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2017 at 9:28pm
Cheers guys... happy to say the replacement part is a grand £10... I take the point about the mechanic... I'm not but I have built my own Caterham style kit car and I regularly spend time working on classic race cars with in excess of £1 million price tags. It was a bad day in the office.. or garage in this case... I had just finished changing the wheel bearings on my wife's Micra and it all went belly up removing a 6mm nut on my Merc...

👍👍
JB-A45 View Drop Down
A-Class Expert
A-Class Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JB-A45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2017 at 9:22am
Originally posted by DrBailey DrBailey wrote:

Cheers guys... happy to say the replacement part is a grand £10... I take the point about the mechanic... I'm not but I have built my own Caterham style kit car and I regularly spend time working on classic race cars with in excess of £1 million price tags. It was a bad day in the office.. or garage in this case... I had just finished changing the wheel bearings on my wife's Micra and it all went belly up removing a 6mm nut on my Merc...

👍👍

only messing, I'm a completely useless at doing anything on a car
Now moved on to an M235i M Performance convertible DMS map 411bhp / 590nm torque

Previous car A45 AMG Cirrus white
DrBailey View Drop Down
A-Class Newbie
A-Class Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrBailey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2017 at 8:05pm
No worries... you're right though.... I would get them to do all the work if I could afford it...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic