FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the brand new & FREE Mercedes A-Class forums!

Please signup for free here: Register

Once you have joined, introduce yourself in our newbies forum! We also have technical forums for each A-Class model as well as general A-Class chat, off topic chat, galleries for posting pictures and lots more A-Class forum stuff coming soon!

A clasd on high mileage?? How do they run

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
stu56 View Drop Down
A-Class Groupie
A-Class Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stu56 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2017 at 5:32pm
Yes btc201 so would I, I think paul quotes 0-60 times of 6.7, not bad considering it still does 70 mpg. Yes the c220 cabs a very nice car, my buddies a sales manager for Mercedes and recently ran one. He laughed when I mentioned my mpg, noticed his cab was under 40 mpg. Are you going to put the tuning box on the new car paul?
Sponsored Links

paul_t View Drop Down
A-Class Expert
A-Class Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paul_t Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2017 at 5:38pm
My car is within my yearly PCP agreement, so no worries with the mileage.
Every fault the car has had, are all known issues with the A class. Its just my car seems to have had them all.

Re The Convertible. Its only doing 44mpg best. And thats trying.
Im guessing they are alot heavier, plus the 4matic system as well.

Re Box. I have a Brabus D2 system, which is fully authorised by Merc UK.
'17 A220d DCT AMG line, Prem Plus, Night Pack, AMG Exclusive pack. Harmon Kardon Audio. BRABUS D2
paul_t View Drop Down
A-Class Expert
A-Class Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paul_t Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2017 at 5:47pm
Originally posted by btc201 btc201 wrote:

im suprised mercedes are prepared to exchange that car,considering you did a good few miles in it in a year,plus the tuning upgrades?,someone has to get lucky i suppose ,looks like you tbh,,if it were a car i sold you'd be shown the door being honest with youWink

Why would i be shown the door for a car that has had 14 issues, all known issues with the A class. So all authorised by Merc UK for repair.
Is your dealership that bad ?.
Even though ive done 37k in 1.5yrs, thats within my PCP. I got a extended mileage PCP to suit my job.
My dealership have been great about all the issues. Some of them have been really serious, such as the Valve Body fault in the DCT. That was damn right scary. Car pulls off hard, and you cannot turn it off as its going over 15mph. So you have to stamp on the brakes with all your weight to overcome the engine and its torque.Shocked

Again, another issue that effects all 2016, A, CLA, and GLA models with DCT.
'17 A220d DCT AMG line, Prem Plus, Night Pack, AMG Exclusive pack. Harmon Kardon Audio. BRABUS D2
stu56 View Drop Down
A-Class Groupie
A-Class Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stu56 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2017 at 5:48pm
Your previous post states £35 off e bay. Bet they love you down at the dealership, which one is it paul.
stu56 View Drop Down
A-Class Groupie
A-Class Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stu56 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2017 at 5:51pm
So all 2016 Mercedes dct are faulty paul. Seems to me the brands pretty sh*t if you don't mind me say.
paul_t View Drop Down
A-Class Expert
A-Class Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paul_t Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2017 at 6:30pm
Originally posted by stu56 stu56 wrote:

Your previous post states £35 off e bay. Bet they love you down at the dealership, which one is it paul.

That was a long time ago. Its been on the Brabus D2 for some time now.
Dealership are quite sympathetic actually, given all the issues.
All kind of irrelevant anyway. The majority of the issues the car have had are all electrical related. And as it turns out the overall faulty item being the main engine wiring loom.
Its to do with the type of plug that is used, and the sealing system. Moisture gets inside and the pins corrode.
paul_t View Drop Down
A-Class Expert
A-Class Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paul_t Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2017 at 6:40pm

So all 2016 Mercedes dct are faulty paul. Seems to me the brands pretty sh*t if you don't mind me say.

Sorry, you must be mis reading this.
As i stated, The 2016 DCT valve body problem can effect all A, CLA, and GLA models.
The Valve body is modified for 2017 so the sticking issue does not occur.

These things are Quality related, and i would not say the whole brand is Sh*t.
Ive driven lots of C, E, and even an S class and they are all excellent in their own way and you can see the quality of the product increasing as you go up the range.
Clearly the A class is built to a price point, and they have skimped here and there which has caused reliability issues. The fact i do quite high mileage i guess means i tend to run into these issues more than most.

I still like the A class and the package it offers in terms of its handling, equipment, comfort, and the overall economy. Just a shame there are so many issues.
The look on the service managers face when he has to say "yes, we know about that one". They are almost ashamed of it. Clearly if it happens to too many cars then the reputation will be effected.

stu56 View Drop Down
A-Class Groupie
A-Class Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stu56 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2017 at 7:16pm
Paul your 1st stating how good it is, now how bad it is, most of the people on here have no problems, i don't have any. Maybe best if you get out of the deal and go and buy a BMW/Audi/vw, all very good cars. I wouldn't fit one of the cheap tuning boxes next time bud. You never said which dealer your with, I'm well in with my dealer because I worked there a few years ago, the product isn't as bad as your making out, having said that my A class is not as good as my 220d BMW, but you've previously said there not as good as the mercedes. I think you described your A class as a young puppy. Have you looked at the Kia and Hyundai brand, very good from personal experience and reliable.good luck with your new motor, I won't say anymore on the mater.
paul_t View Drop Down
A-Class Expert
A-Class Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paul_t Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2017 at 7:27pm

Paul your 1st stating how good it is, now how bad it is, most of the people on here have no problems, i don't have any. Maybe best if you get out of the deal and go and buy a BMW/Audi/vw, all very good cars. I wouldn't fit one of the cheap tuning boxes next time bud. You never said which dealer your with, I'm well in with my dealer because I worked there a few years ago, the product isn't as bad as your making out, having said that my A class is not as good as my 220d BMW, but you've previously said there not as good as the mercedes. I think you described your A class as a young puppy. Have you looked at the Kia and Hyundai brand, very good from personal experience and reliable.good luck with your new motor, I won't say anymore on the mater.

Stu, you really need to read your posts. And listen to how you come across.

What on earth has any tuning box got to do with connectors corroding on a engine wiring loom ?.
Fact is the new Brabus one is even fitted by MB.
Also what has that got to do with the fault within the Valve body ?. Or the poor microwave seam welding on the plastic intake manifold ?, bad body grounding ?, or even the fuel cap opening at will ?.  Seriously dude you are way off.
As i have mentioned many a time, i really like the car. And i certainly do not want to move to BMW, or the VW group thank you very much.
Mercedes have been great at attempting to fix all the issues, as well as MB UK Customer Service having the car inspected due to all the faults. And thus now offering a complete replacement.

btc201 View Drop Down
A-Class Senior
A-Class Senior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote btc201 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2017 at 1:43pm
mines only the 1500 diesel amg look a like so i bought at auction,so with the pcp are you starting a new agreement from scratch on a new car ?,,look lets cut to the chase i sell used cars and i dont do the pcp or anyother types of lease,so if someone had purchased a used car off me and done nearly 40k in a year and half,then i must say the the car must have been fit for purpouse,the duty of care is 6 months which diminshes drastically after the first 30 days,plus you will need to prove the fault was present at the time of and prior to purchase which is almost impossible to do,so you are saying that mercedes are happy that you have altered the parts on yr car and have used a tunning box?,,if so lets all get to that dealesrship and have a new car for free,somehow i dont think so really,,i must say ive never seen 70 mpg on mine and thats on a good drive to dereham in norfolk from south wales ours is mid 50 mpg ,,good luck to you if you get a new motor for free ,,
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic