FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the brand new & FREE Mercedes A-Class forums!

Please signup for free here: Register

Once you have joined, introduce yourself in our newbies forum! We also have technical forums for each A-Class model as well as general A-Class chat, off topic chat, galleries for posting pictures and lots more A-Class forum stuff coming soon!

A180 Sport and A180 AMG questions.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Puppiebreath View Drop Down
A-Class Newbie
A-Class Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Puppiebreath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A180 Sport and A180 AMG questions.
    Posted: 14 Nov 2017 at 6:46pm
Hi everyone!

I am a car noob and I have zero car knowledge. I am planning to buy the A180d sport however I would like to know what is the differences between the 180d sport and 180d AMG. I want to ask what is the appearance difference? Could you show me some pictures? What about the inside? Also what are the default specs that I will get automatically? I am planning to get a 2016 plate.

Sorry for the dumb questions I know I can google this but google is showing me couple year old threads and they are very outdated.

Also when I google a180d I see people sometimes mention that they use a Renault engine which I know already but what’s so bad about it?

Is there any other info i need to know before I buy?

Appreciate the help everyone! :)

Ignore the silly dammar mistakes I am typing on my phone 🐶

Edited by Puppiebreath - 14 Nov 2017 at 6:47pm
Sponsored Links

OJ29 View Drop Down
A-Class Groupie
A-Class Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OJ29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2017 at 8:39am
If you use the Mercedes configurator you can see the differences and if you look in the brochure, it will list the differences in spec. A 2016 model will still be the facelift model so it should still look the same, thats the best way to get a full 360 view along with interior and exterior.

Off the top of my head in AMG Line trim you get 18" alloys, perforated brake discs with Mercedes lettering on the calipers,lowered suspension, AMG bodykit, part leather and part alcantara-ish seats with red stitching, flat bottom steering wheel with red stitching and the diamond grill.
I don't think theres any actual difference in features as such between the two, it seems to be purely aesthetic apart from the much harsher ride you'll get in AMG trim due to the larger wheels and lower suspension.

I had an A180d AMG Sport Night Edition previously and it looked brilliant but was just a bit gutless. The fuel economy was great and I'd often see over 60/70mpg on a casual run. I think it's just a very underpowered engine and when I had 3 adults in the car it always seemed to struggle a bit.
I can't comment on reliability as I only had it 18 months from new and never had an issue but that's to be expected with any new car I suppose!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic