FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the brand new & FREE Mercedes A-Class forums!

Please signup for free here: Register

Once you have joined, introduce yourself in our newbies forum! We also have technical forums for each A-Class model as well as general A-Class chat, off topic chat, galleries for posting pictures and lots more A-Class forum stuff coming soon!

a45 real mpg?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
patriotaki View Drop Down
A-Class Newbie
A-Class Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patriotaki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: a45 real mpg?
    Posted: 15 Apr 2018 at 12:05pm
hello,i  was searching the forums for the real mpg the a45 does, and i was like wtf..?
the 2007 Qashqai does the same fuel economy

from what ive seen the a45 does ~25mpg am i right?

also i am pretty sure it can achieve ~35mpg on motorway ..

whats the mpg on countryside roads and in the city?

also how much does a regular service cost compared to the a250?

thank you
Sponsored Links

Karlktm View Drop Down
A-Class Newbie
A-Class Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karlktm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2018 at 5:51pm
On a 15 mile trip to work at average 60ish with overtakes and steady till it’s warm I get 32mpg... bumming about taking the missus work a (4mile round trip I get about 21) so it’s all about what your doing
Irish boy View Drop Down
A-Class Newbie
A-Class Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Irish boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2018 at 11:21pm
My last A45 got new in may last year did 11,000 miles got average 20 miles to the gallon than man above is getting toed by his mate to get than mpg or all done hills
My new on got in March I have 1500 miles and averaging 21 but Dms coming to remap very soon so that will pull back to,around the 20 mark
DaveH View Drop Down
A-Class Newbie
A-Class Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2018 at 6:34am
commuting in and out of SE london mine is avg 25mpg, which is a huge improvement over my RS3s 18mpg for the same conditions. It has one of the best working stop starts on any car i have used (most only work a handful of times before they are not available)

i get 30 or under on M Ways unless cruising at 50mph

enthusiastic driving gets me low 10-12mpg

pretty impressive IMO
A45 4ME View Drop Down
A-Class Expert
A-Class Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A45 4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2018 at 9:46am
Blame your right foot if the mpg consumption is worrying you WinkBig smile

But then I never understand why anyone buying a performance car worries about mpg, especially now modern engines means that, relatively speaking, they are far more economical these days than they have been hitherto.
Colin

A45: 64 reg, Cirrus,19"black multi-spokes (shod with MPSS). Other main options: Command; Panoramic roof; performance exhaust & steering wheel. Previous car - Nissan 370z
steve_3939 View Drop Down
A-Class Expert
A-Class Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve_3939 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2018 at 10:05am
Over about 16,000 miles from new my long turm trip metre has never been reset. It’s showing average of 25.9 with differing sorts of driving. 30 odd is easely obtainable on motorways.
May 16 AMG A45 White. Just about every option going I think. Miles better than my Golf 7R (except maybe the cruise control)
Shrader View Drop Down
A-Class Senior
A-Class Senior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2018 at 11:16am
Pre FL - 37k miles 

Mway long runs 36-38 
Normal & town and normal driving 32 ish

I can make it low 20's of course but over time I now use the speed limiter excusivley and it does keep everything in check. Recently did the Suffolk to Wales and back and ave 38mpg. 

Maybe I'm just old but for driving these days I save the fun stuff when I'm on a back road,  for main roads I just blend in. My days of chasing stuff is long past me , there will always be someone else to chase after what comes past you.

Using the speed limiter imo makes all the difference to regulate things and also stops you getting caught out 

Smile
A45: White with Titanium Grey
zash View Drop Down
A-Class Expert
A-Class Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2018 at 11:32am
I never really look at fuel consumption on my car, it’s not what I bought it for. However I did my first long distance trip over Easter, covered about 800 Klm. On the east coast of nsw Australia. Basically I was using cruise control most of the way sitting on 110 klm / hr, except for traffic through towns.
The car averaged 7.4L/100 klm (which i think is 38 mpg). I have to say that is pretty impressive for a performance car.
Around town where I tend to drive hard it would probably use twice as much and some.
Abx View Drop Down
A-Class Expert
A-Class Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2018 at 4:23pm

2014 (64) A45 with 17k on the clock, in the two years I've owned I have the below.

Around town average 21mpg
Motorway at 70mph Average 34mpg
Fill up and sit at 50mph 40/42mpg
Overall average in 2 years 24mpg

64 plate, Cirrus white, 19's, Aero, Perf Exhaust, Perf Wheel/Shifter, AMG Excl, Leather, Memory Pack, HK, Red Calipers, Rear Cam
JB-A45 View Drop Down
A-Class Expert
A-Class Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JB-A45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2018 at 5:53pm
2 questions, 1) why bother with worrying about mpg on a car like this 2) all I see is ppl giving an mpg on Mways at 70mph!!! really???? who actually drives at 70 and hence what mpg is achieved at "real" driving speeds?
Now moved on to an M235i M Performance convertible DMS map 411bhp / 590nm torque

Previous car A45 AMG Cirrus white
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic