FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the brand new & FREE Mercedes A-Class forums!

Please signup for free here: Register

Once you have joined, introduce yourself in our newbies forum! We also have technical forums for each A-Class model as well as general A-Class chat, off topic chat, galleries for posting pictures and lots more A-Class forum stuff coming soon!

Apple CarPlay music volume

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
OJ29 View Drop Down
A-Class Senior
A-Class Senior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OJ29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Apple CarPlay music volume
    Posted: 07 Mar 2018 at 9:14am
Hi guys

I recently switched from Spotify to Apple Music, in the car this morning I noticed I couldn't control the volume of Apple Music when connected through CarPlay - the volume control wheel on the centre console and steering wheel buttons did nothing at all. When I switched it off and back on again, the radio came on full blast, as if the volume buttons are doing something but just not affecting CarPlay.

Anyone had this issue before?

TIA
Sponsored Links

Stubbly View Drop Down
A-Class Senior
A-Class Senior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stubbly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2018 at 3:13pm
My mate had a similar problem in his cla and it turned out that he had to turn the volume up to max on the phone when it was connected.
OJ29 View Drop Down
A-Class Senior
A-Class Senior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OJ29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2018 at 8:38am
I managed to sort it actually, I think it was down to the 'Sound Check' feature being enabled on my iPhone in the Music settings.
I must admit, it seems like Spotify actually works better on CarPlay than Apple Music which is rather ironic.
OJ29 View Drop Down
A-Class Senior
A-Class Senior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OJ29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2018 at 3:26pm
OK I lied, the above didn't fix it and it seems random whether I'm able to control the volume or not. The solution is to disconnect the phone and reconnect it. Never had such an issue with Spotify.
Makes you wonder how Spotify can make their app integrate with CarPlay better than Apple can with their own music app!
MarcGLA View Drop Down
A-Class Newbie
A-Class Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarcGLA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2018 at 1:00pm
iOS 11.2.6 has a bug. With the new Beta (11.3.x) the error is fixed.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic