FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the brand new & FREE Mercedes A-Class forums!

Please signup for free here: Register

Once you have joined, introduce yourself in our newbies forum! We also have technical forums for each A-Class model as well as general A-Class chat, off topic chat, galleries for posting pictures and lots more A-Class forum stuff coming soon!

Buying a250 - some random questions

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Jdjd View Drop Down
A-Class Newbie
A-Class Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jdjd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2017 at 1:48pm
Originally posted by 500 500 wrote:

I remember those cheap R deals, it was something daft like under £200 a month wasn't it?

Yeah like £187/month was frankly an absolute kick I. Teeth to the people who paid over 30k for a car, Not just the fact people were driving them on corsa money, It's the fact they sold 1000's all in the same 6month window, Recently they all started crashing back on to the market and obviously the price crashed

https://www.motors.co.uk/car-47059939/?i=19&m=sp

https://www.motors.co.uk/car-47383116/?i=24&m=sp

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201709159342487?advertising-location=at_cars&keywords=R&price-to=18000&postcode=s818hg&model=GOLF&sort=atcustom&page=6&price-from=15000&make=VOLKSWAGEN&fuel-type=Petrol&onesearchad=Used&onesearchad=Nearly%20New&onesearchad=New

Stage 2 400bhp Golf R for sale for 18k 2014reg

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201711181373171?sort=price-desc&model=GOLF&fuel-type=Petrol&make=VOLKSWAGEN&price-from=15000&postcode=s818hg&price-to=18000&onesearchad=Used&onesearchad=Nearly%20New&onesearchad=New&radius=1500&advertising-location=at_cars&keywords=R&page=1

Just shows you how far the market has gone.

Only problem is every dog seems to have them round here. + the community at vwroc is full of absolute spastic's but apart from that a hell of alot of car for that money.

Buying at this price your onto a winner, Buy at 30k or there about a you'll lose heavy

Sponsored Links

SarahHiggy View Drop Down
A-Class Newbie
A-Class Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SarahHiggy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2017 at 1:30am
I have an A250 engineered by AMG and the exhaust is quite loud in my opinion. It bangs and pops really easily and has had loads of compliments. The red trim is gorgeous too, defo go for an engineered by AMG A250 if possible. They defo stand out more and are a bit more special in my opinion.
Hornmeister View Drop Down
A-Class Newbie
A-Class Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hornmeister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2017 at 1:21pm
I moved from a Polo GTI (1.4 tsi) to a A250 4Matic  FL.(effectively the replacement to the engineered by AMG)

Golf R was on my radar but I fell out with VW over shoddy service and build quality eventually threatening legal action. I did test drive the R before the relationship failed and it just felt a bit dead to me. Hugely capable car but just boring and there's so many of them about. I've seen one or two other 250s but probably see an R every day.

Under real driving conditions the Polo feels more sprightly and I would argue quicker than the Golf GTI and if you're used to a polo I think the Golf R might disappoint. Build, finish and service is streets ahead with Mercedes in my opinion. But test drive both as people have different likes and dislikes.

Edited by Hornmeister - 07 Dec 2017 at 1:22pm
FL A250 4Matic Mt Grey
DazA250 View Drop Down
A-Class Newbie
A-Class Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DazA250 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2017 at 2:59pm
thanks for all the replies guys and helpful links,
it is the Engineered by AMG version I am looking to buy 
DazA250 View Drop Down
A-Class Newbie
A-Class Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DazA250 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2017 at 3:01pm
found a few options just not the colour I want that's not a silly distance away,
the thought has crossed my mind to buy one then get it wrapped? 
ALS391 View Drop Down
A-Class Expert
A-Class Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ALS391 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2017 at 5:32pm
Which colour do you fancy ?

So when u find a car if you want to check the build spec, this website contains all the info, 
it's fascinating you just need the VIN number, 
so you can see try this my old A250 4matic 

WDD1760462J284489

A45 SSB,Performance exhaust,Red Calipers,Pano,ILS,Auto mirrors,Mem htd seats,Comand,DAB,Blind spot asst,rear flicks.

old cars:A250 4matic,2xA250's EngbyAMG /Clio RS200t EDC/2xClio RS200's
DazA250 View Drop Down
A-Class Newbie
A-Class Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DazA250 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 hours 39 minutes ago at 2:58pm
Originally posted by ALS391 ALS391 wrote:

Which colour do you fancy ?

So when u find a car if you want to check the build spec, this website contains all the info, 
it's fascinating you just need the VIN number, 
so you can see try this my old A250 4matic 

WDD1760462J284489

that's pretty useful thanks although a lot of the info on there went over my head,
its a black one im looking for 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic