FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the brand new & FREE Mercedes A-Class forums!

Please signup for free here: Register

Once you have joined, introduce yourself in our newbies forum! We also have technical forums for each A-Class model as well as general A-Class chat, off topic chat, galleries for posting pictures and lots more A-Class forum stuff coming soon!

Chirping sound

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Andy o View Drop Down
A-Class Newbie
A-Class Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy o Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Chirping sound
    Posted: 15 Apr 2018 at 7:08pm
Hi I have a chirping sound with my 2013 A45 only does it when engine is hot had a new belt put on still the same wondered if any one has had this broblem merc want £500 just to investigate it be greaful for any help.Andy
Sponsored Links

pmb5 View Drop Down
A-Class Newbie
A-Class Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmb5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2018 at 12:55pm
I've got a chirping (belt slipping) type noise that sometimes comes from the front right corner (if i look through the wheel arch i can see a belt on something, maybe an alternator or the AC).  Mines under warranty and i was planning to get it looked at in July when i get it serviced.  If you can wait that long i'll let you know what they find.
Andy o View Drop Down
A-Class Newbie
A-Class Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy o Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2018 at 2:09pm
Hi ok yeah please let me know what they find.
Gotbass View Drop Down
A-Class Newbie
A-Class Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gotbass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2018 at 9:46pm
I'm having the same problem, hot engine front right side. Am waiting for warranty call in.

It is really loud when just sitting in the car.
AMG A45 Mic View Drop Down
A-Class Newbie
A-Class Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMG A45 Mic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2018 at 6:14pm
Hi Guys,had the same problem with my A45 2013. Took Merc 6 months to get the problem. They first blame me but i told them to go suck D ha ha. The cause is over fill of oil and that causes the main crank seal to press against the pully when the engine starts to build more pressure went hot....let me know but that is the problem...very embarrassing when you stop and your AMG is sounding like secound hand ford 😂
Old Car: Vw Scirocco 20TSI
New Car:A45 AMG & FJ Cruiser
Gotbass View Drop Down
A-Class Newbie
A-Class Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gotbass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2018 at 7:04pm
Did they fix it?
AMG A45 Mic View Drop Down
A-Class Newbie
A-Class Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMG A45 Mic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2018 at 7:09pm
Yes, replaced the crank seal and it was sorted, replaced oil too the proper level...
Old Car: Vw Scirocco 20TSI
New Car:A45 AMG & FJ Cruiser
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic