FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the brand new & FREE Mercedes A-Class forums!

Please signup for free here: Register

Once you have joined, introduce yourself in our newbies forum! We also have technical forums for each A-Class model as well as general A-Class chat, off topic chat, galleries for posting pictures and lots more A-Class forum stuff coming soon!

Crazy mirror folding out

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Spikey580 View Drop Down
A-Class Newbie
A-Class Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spikey580 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Crazy mirror folding out
    Posted: 11 Dec 2017 at 9:30am
Morning all, had a weird one this morning. Mirrors folded out way passed where they should be. Did a quick google search and found something about frozen water inside the mechanism. Anyone know how to cure it?

I had to get to work so just stopped it with my hand after defrosting it didn’t work.

Pre FL A45 Mountain Grey, Pan Roof, HK, Aero Kit, 19"s, exclusive pack, ILS
Sponsored Links

jab123 View Drop Down
A-Class Groupie
A-Class Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jab123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2017 at 11:10am
I've never encountered it but my guess would be you somehow need to recalibrate/reset the mirror so that it knows its fully open when open and fully closed when closed.
veeeight View Drop Down
A-Class Expert
A-Class Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote veeeight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2017 at 5:31pm
After mine struggled to fold out against the ice this morning

I’ve set it in the instrument cluster not to fold in when locking.
FL MY2017 A45
Jimmy321 View Drop Down
A-Class Newbie
A-Class Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmy321 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2017 at 6:55pm
It will fix it's self when it defrosts.
Spikey580 View Drop Down
A-Class Newbie
A-Class Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spikey580 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2017 at 10:47pm
In March 😂😂😂
Pre FL A45 Mountain Grey, Pan Roof, HK, Aero Kit, 19"s, exclusive pack, ILS
JB-A45 View Drop Down
A-Class Expert
A-Class Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JB-A45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2017 at 9:19am
Originally posted by Spikey580 Spikey580 wrote:

In March 😂😂😂

as soon as that??????
Now moved on to an M235i M Performance convertible DMS map 411bhp / 590nm torque

Previous car A45 AMG Cirrus white
GrahamAMG View Drop Down
A-Class Newbie
A-Class Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GrahamAMG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2017 at 4:14pm
Mine did exactly the same, i moved it manually back into where it should be, then closed the mirror again. The motor was running for a while even after it had closed all the way, then there was a little bang/pop and its worked fine since. I assume with it being stiff that the tracks or run that the motor spins go out of sync and it needs to pop itself back on like a dislocated shoulder :)
JB-A45 View Drop Down
A-Class Expert
A-Class Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JB-A45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2017 at 4:22pm
Originally posted by GrahamAMG GrahamAMG wrote:

Mine did exactly the same, i moved it manually back into where it should be, then closed the mirror again. The motor was running for a while even after it had closed all the way, then there was a little bang/pop and its worked fine since. I assume with it being stiff that the tracks or run that the motor spins go out of sync and it needs to pop itself back on like a dislocated shoulder :)

are you in Burton on Trent? I see a blue and a red A45 heading that way a fair bit, I'm in Ashby
Now moved on to an M235i M Performance convertible DMS map 411bhp / 590nm torque

Previous car A45 AMG Cirrus white
GrahamAMG View Drop Down
A-Class Newbie
A-Class Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GrahamAMG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2017 at 4:37pm
Originally posted by JB-A45 JB-A45 wrote:

Originally posted by GrahamAMG GrahamAMG wrote:

are you in Burton on Trent? I see a blue and a red A45 heading that way a fair bit, I'm in Ashby

I am indeed mate but im a funny grey with a white topping currently... (not on its side but I give up with the image uploader)

GrahamAMG View Drop Down
A-Class Newbie
A-Class Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GrahamAMG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2017 at 4:38pm
designo or something i think its called
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic