FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the brand new & FREE Mercedes A-Class forums!

Please signup for free here: Register

Once you have joined, introduce yourself in our newbies forum! We also have technical forums for each A-Class model as well as general A-Class chat, off topic chat, galleries for posting pictures and lots more A-Class forum stuff coming soon!

dunlop sport maxx rt sides getting ripped off

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
tanitos View Drop Down
A-Class Groupie
A-Class Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tanitos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2018 at 10:26am
Originally posted by veeeight veeeight wrote:

Originally posted by tanitos tanitos wrote:

Originally posted by JB-A45 JB-A45 wrote:

yip the camber of the 45 kills the inner's everyone has the issue

Hey mate, since you mentioned camber, does anyone know/remember the front camber values for the car? I had a wheel alignment two weeks ago and the alignment computer gave as normal values -1.80 degrees front, whereas the WIS gave -1.48 degrees, which is a bit of a difference imo.

I would suggest 1.48 and WIS is the correct figure, based on Shaun’s photos in his thread (see next post).

Thanks mate, much appreciated Big smile
I will check the late version of WIS to see whether there are any differences, but i dont think there will be any.

Now, my struggle is to make the car go straight again, for some reason, although the alignment looks fine, the car is losing straight in speeds above 120-140..
After I replaced the tires I said ok lets make an alignment, haven't had any since day 1. Before that, the car was straight af, however I noticed some differences when measured in alignment shop, after that, values became correct, but car is not 100% straight..
A45 AMG | Exclusive |Kosmosblack | Silver 19"| ILS | Performance Seats & Exhaust | Comand Online | Pano | Harman Kardon | Heated Seats | Mirror & Memory Pack | Thermotronic |Reverse Cam | IR
Sponsored Links

JB-A45 View Drop Down
A-Class Expert
A-Class Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JB-A45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2018 at 10:51am
Originally posted by veeeight veeeight wrote:

Originally posted by JB-A45 JB-A45 wrote:

my grey matter cant remember the actual figures I'm afraid but I do remember the kick off when ppl started changing their tyres on the 45 as the majority of high st tyre resellers only had software for the A250, not sure what the current situ is out there

hopefully someone like veeeeeeight will have the figures to hand

Your wish is my command

http://www.aclassclub.co.uk/forum/4-wheel-alignment-tips-advice_topic11046_page1.html
(Shaun’s photo links at the bottom of page 2)

knew you wouldn't let us down lol
Now moved on to an M235i M Performance convertible DMS map 411bhp / 590nm torque

Previous car A45 AMG Cirrus white
mephisto View Drop Down
A-Class Newbie
A-Class Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mephisto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2018 at 11:48am
Found the Michelin pilot sport 4s fitted for £175, getting two Saturday.

GrahamAMG View Drop Down
A-Class Newbie
A-Class Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GrahamAMG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2018 at 4:55pm
i had 4 fitted yesterday, initial feel is better than dunlops but ive had the same issue with my dunlops twice now, im blaming Mercedes as its a joke, the alignment was checked when i had the tyres done and once again it was massively out, there is something wrong with how quickly they lose the alignment imo. Either way merc are having it in tomorrow to fix the alignment again but im not happy about having 3-4mm left on them before they get to this stage.
mephisto View Drop Down
A-Class Newbie
A-Class Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mephisto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2018 at 10:30pm
are you sure the wheels were aligned before?

Just wondering if merc is doing what they were meant to do during the service or they are doing this on purpose so you end up buying tyres from them at massive markup

I'm thinking about getting my car checked for alignment

I think I'll call merc tomorrow to check if they aligned the wheels on the last service, get evidence of it and then get it checked somewhere else to see if they are BS me
GrahamAMG View Drop Down
A-Class Newbie
A-Class Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GrahamAMG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 4:25pm
Sorry taken so long to get back to this post.

I had the new tyres fitted by F1 Auto and they checked the alignment but didnt fix it as merc were going to do that. It was massively out on all 4 wheels. The mechanic there did say however that with the roads the way they are these days it will need doing every 6 months max. 

Merc then checked it and fixed it as it was found to be also massively out by them, not hiding anything there at least. I still say its something wrong with the car itself and theyd like me to come back in 1000 miles for it checked again. Not sure whats going to happen if they do find it out again mind, suppose ill cross that bridge when i come to it.
JB-A45 View Drop Down
A-Class Expert
A-Class Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JB-A45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 4:32pm
ask them for new rubber lol but yes have to agree the roads are knackered that's for sure, as much as I hate middle lane hoggers I refuse to drive in the inside lane due to the state of them
Now moved on to an M235i M Performance convertible DMS map 411bhp / 590nm torque

Previous car A45 AMG Cirrus white
A45 4ME View Drop Down
A-Class Expert
A-Class Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A45 4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 6:15pm
Did they use the settings for the '45 I wonder before, as they are significantly different to other A Class models....
Colin

A45: 64 reg, Cirrus,19"black multi-spokes (shod with MPSS). Other main options: Command; Panoramic roof; performance exhaust & steering wheel. Previous car - Nissan 370z
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic