FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the brand new & FREE Mercedes A-Class forums!

Please signup for free here: Register

Once you have joined, introduce yourself in our newbies forum! We also have technical forums for each A-Class model as well as general A-Class chat, off topic chat, galleries for posting pictures and lots more A-Class forum stuff coming soon!

Engine pipe/hose wearing

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
antharding View Drop Down
A-Class Newbie
A-Class Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote antharding Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2016 at 12:46pm
Can anyone post a pic of this please? 

I'd like to check it out when I go to inspect the car we've put a deposit on later this week but don't know exactly which pipe your talking about.

Many Thanks.
Sponsored Links

Monkey finger View Drop Down
A-Class Groupie
A-Class Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monkey finger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2016 at 1:01pm
Don't have one to hand,but if you Google A45 engine images you should be able to see some silver covered pipes that go under the engine cover along its front edge. The cover is removed by just pulling it straight up from the engine,so it's easy enough to check
Shaun View Drop Down
A-Class Expert
A-Class Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shaun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2016 at 1:26pm
I've put on some hard plastic over pipe on the area of wear.  When I get time I'm going to dremel the lip off the engine cover, which is actually causing the problem to begin with.  Will take about 5mins.
renny View Drop Down
A-Class Expert
A-Class Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote renny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2016 at 3:06pm
Originally posted by Shaun Shaun wrote:

I've put on some hard plastic over pipe on the area of wear.  When I get time I'm going to dremel the lip off the engine cover, which is actually causing the problem to begin with.  Will take about 5mins.

Will only take 1 min to tiie it out of the way Smile
It's here!
BigNose View Drop Down
A-Class Newbie
A-Class Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigNose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2016 at 4:30pm
You are warned.
Out of warranty, this 'repair', which includes a new bottom cover, to lower the pipes, to stop the abrasion, has a cost of over £1k.
Even if it is 3 days over Warranty (like mine).
Thankfully, my garage laid it on thick and Mercedes picked up 90% of the cost.
The other 10% will be a negotiation between myself and the dealer.Tongue
A45 SSBlue 18" Recaro Panoramic COMMAND HKSystem
Fatty01 View Drop Down
A-Class Newbie
A-Class Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatty01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2016 at 8:58pm
What? 3 days out of warranty and they were going to make you pay full price for a repair on a faulty designed part. Sounds to me like the dealership is at it, I can't believe that MB would take that stance. That's not just happened overnight, I would be asking them to do the fix for free.

My S3 was 3.5 years old when it developed a fault with the AWD, turned out it needed a new rear diff which the dealer quoted me £3500 for! As you might expect I wasn't happy, the dealer then came back and said Audi had agreed to fix it for free as I had a full dealership warranty. The car was booked in for a service at the same time, which all of a sudden found I need new pads and discs all round, I told them flat it didn't and low and behold when the service sheet came in there was no mention of brakes.

I'm sure there are honest dealerships out there but I certainly don't believe everything they tell you. Have you spoke to MB directly to see if the 90% cost cover is correct?
AMG-Rob View Drop Down
A-Class Newbie
A-Class Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMG-Rob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2016 at 1:26pm
Originally posted by BigNose BigNose wrote:

You are warned.
Out of warranty, this 'repair', which includes a new bottom cover, to lower the pipes, to stop the abrasion, has a cost of over £1k.
Even if it is 3 days over Warranty (like mine).
Thankfully, my garage laid it on thick and Mercedes picked up 90% of the cost.
The other 10% will be a negotiation between myself and the dealer.Tongue

Thanks for bringing this topic up again, found mines doing the same, booked in with MB to hopefully sort out.
A45 AMG - Cirrus White, 19's, Performance Exhaust, Aero, Harman Kardon, Pano Roof, Becker Nav, Mirror Pack, Red Callipers, Night Package, FL Diffuser.
veeeight View Drop Down
A-Class Expert
A-Class Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote veeeight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2016 at 9:57am

(not my photo, found this on another thread)

FL MY2017 A45
veeeight View Drop Down
A-Class Expert
A-Class Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote veeeight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2017 at 1:30pm
Decided to check mine this morning.

Removed cover, all OK, replaced cover to check for clearance. All OK.

FL MY2017 A45
robgsi View Drop Down
A-Class Newbie
A-Class Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robgsi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2017 at 8:36pm
Thanks for this checked mine, and the same worn through. Just got it back from MB and they said over £500 to fix lucky still under warranty
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic