FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the brand new & FREE Mercedes A-Class forums!

Please signup for free here: Register

Once you have joined, introduce yourself in our newbies forum! We also have technical forums for each A-Class model as well as general A-Class chat, off topic chat, galleries for posting pictures and lots more A-Class forum stuff coming soon!

MST Performance intake now available at CW

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Dessss View Drop Down
A-Class Newbie
A-Class Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Dessss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2018 at 7:29pm
Not a problem at all!
Sponsored Links

H3Y.BY View Drop Down
A-Class Newbie
A-Class Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote H3Y.BY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2018 at 2:51am
Have just ordered mine, will get it fitted on Friday or Saturday hopefully once it's delivered Thumbs Up
Irish boy View Drop Down
A-Class Newbie
A-Class Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Irish boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2018 at 8:11pm
Thinking of putting in order from Daniel at carbon is the MST filter better than the ams filter ? The thing scares me is swoosh sound for the wife
To be driving the ams supposed not to sound as loud as this
Any feed back be great
H3Y.BY View Drop Down
A-Class Newbie
A-Class Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote H3Y.BY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2018 at 11:07pm
It is a bit noisy for me to be honest, my last car was an impreza with a Bailey's dump valve as well

I ended up taking the open shroud top off and just putting the standard plastic air box cover on to keep the noise down and it's perfect now. Can only hear it a little during hard acceleration which is what I was after.

In terms of performance I can't see there being much noticable difference between the two but I've never used the AMS system.

I'm happy with the MST system and great service from Carbonwurks
Carbonwurks View Drop Down
Authorised Trader
Authorised Trader

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carbonwurks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2018 at 9:53am
Originally posted by H3Y.BY H3Y.BY wrote:

It is a bit noisy for me to be honest, my last car was an impreza with a Bailey's dump valve as well

I ended up taking the open shroud top off and just putting the standard plastic air box cover on to keep the noise down and it's perfect now. Can only hear it a little during hard acceleration which is what I was after.

In terms of performance I can't see there being much noticable difference between the two but I've never used the AMS system.

I'm happy with the MST system and great service from Carbonwurks

That's interesting to hear and some very useful feedback for those wanting a more subtle intake noise. We didn't realise they were that loud without the top cover and only the extender in place. The good thing is at least you have the option like you have done where you can just put the top cover back in place if needs be to reduce noise.

Glad you are getting on with the kit and happy you liked the customer service. Thumbs Up
www.carbonwurks.com
Email - sales@carbonwurks
Contact number - +44 01202 707476

Mercedes A/CLA/GLA Carbon Fibre Parts
Performance Tuning, Remaping
www.facebook.com/carbonwurks
Instagram - carbonwurks
Scotty_C View Drop Down
A-Class Newbie
A-Class Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scotty_C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2018 at 11:59am
Only for the A45?
A160 | AMG Line | Premium Plus Package | Privacy Glass | Elbaite Green | A45 Wing
Carbonwurks View Drop Down
Authorised Trader
Authorised Trader

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carbonwurks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2018 at 8:46am
Originally posted by Scotty_C Scotty_C wrote:

Only for the A45?

We do also have one for the A160/180/200/250 model A classes. There are some variances between models, we will post up at some stage with the intake in more detail. 

If you want to drop us a PM with a photo of your engine bay I can let you know whether it will work.  
www.carbonwurks.com
Email - sales@carbonwurks
Contact number - +44 01202 707476

Mercedes A/CLA/GLA Carbon Fibre Parts
Performance Tuning, Remaping
www.facebook.com/carbonwurks
Instagram - carbonwurks
richybeattie View Drop Down
A-Class Newbie
A-Class Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote richybeattie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2018 at 9:03pm
Very happy with my MST intake bought through Carbonwurks.

However, as @H3Y.BY had done, I took the shroud off and fitted the OEM top cover back on for daily driving.  The intake noise is intoxicating but genuinely a little tiresome for long journeys (which I do regularly).  I think the noise is amplified through the bonnet as the noise is channelled up the shroud onto the metalwork.

I'll almost certainly take off the OEM cover and put the shroud on for track days or when it stops being a daily, as it's a 4 bolt swap in 2 minutes and the sound IS INTOXICATING!
drgmt View Drop Down
A-Class Expert
A-Class Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drgmt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2018 at 9:44pm
Keeping the air box open will degrade performance.
Current: M3 competition DCT fully optioned. M performance exhaust upgrade, rear OEM carbon diffuser. OLED m performance racing wheel. Suntek stone chip film. Williams ceramic coat.

Previous: FLA45
richybeattie View Drop Down
A-Class Newbie
A-Class Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richybeattie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2018 at 10:13pm
Not sure I meant that. Daily driving it has the OEM cover on, track days I’ll use the MST shroud. Neither cause the intake to be open

Edited by richybeattie - 08 May 2018 at 10:25pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic