FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the brand new & FREE Mercedes A-Class forums!

Please signup for free here: Register

Once you have joined, introduce yourself in our newbies forum! We also have technical forums for each A-Class model as well as general A-Class chat, off topic chat, galleries for posting pictures and lots more A-Class forum stuff coming soon!

Park to Drive

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Beefy View Drop Down
A-Class Newbie
A-Class Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beefy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Park to Drive
    Posted: 09 Oct 2017 at 1:40pm
Hi, Is there a way to move from Park to Drive using the paddles?  I've had a read through the manual and the forums but cannot find the answer.  On my previous car (an Alfa) you pulled the right paddle with a foot on the brake and it moved to D.  This doesnt seem to work in the CLA.
Sponsored Links

redhotAMG View Drop Down
A-Class Senior
A-Class Senior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redhotAMG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2017 at 12:29pm
Originally posted by Beefy Beefy wrote:

Hi, Is there a way to move from Park to Drive using the paddles?  I've had a read through the manual and the forums but cannot find the answer.  On my previous car (an Alfa) you pulled the right paddle with a foot on the brake and it moved to D.  This doesnt seem to work in the CLA.
AFAIK no. Although opening the driver's door will engage park.
red cars are faster
JB-A45 View Drop Down
A-Class Expert
A-Class Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JB-A45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2017 at 12:51pm

if you are referring to being in park at say traffic lights or queuing traffic etc then simply "stamp" down on the brake pedal and it will put it into hold for you so no need to have foot on brake or put it in to park, touch the loud pedal and it will disengage and put you in to drive again, that's about the only real thing I miss about the 45 on the BM
Now moved on to an M235i M Performance convertible DMS map 411bhp / 590nm torque

Previous car A45 AMG Cirrus white
Beefy View Drop Down
A-Class Newbie
A-Class Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beefy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2017 at 1:13pm
Originally posted by JB-A45 JB-A45 wrote:

if you are referring to being in park at say traffic lights or queuing traffic etc then simply "stamp" down on the brake pedal and it will put it into hold for you so no need to have foot on brake or put it in to park, touch the loud pedal and it will disengage and put you in to drive again, that's about the only real thing I miss about the 45 on the BM

Perfect thanks, I'll give this a try. Smile
Charlie Boy View Drop Down
A-Class Groupie
A-Class Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlie Boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2017 at 5:01pm
Sorry JB, I think you’re wrong. The hold facility works when you are in DRIVE, (a quick press on the brake pedal not a stamp) will apply the 'hold' brake. When pressure is placed onto the throttle it will automatically release the hold brake. IT DOES NOT MOVE THE TRANSMISSION FROM PARK TO DRIVE.
JB-A45 View Drop Down
A-Class Expert
A-Class Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JB-A45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2017 at 5:05pm
Originally posted by Charlie Boy Charlie Boy wrote:

Sorry JB, I think you’re wrong. The hold facility works when you are in DRIVE, (a quick press on the brake pedal not a stamp) will apply the 'hold' brake. When pressure is placed onto the throttle it will automatically release the hold brake. IT DOES NOT MOVE THE TRANSMISSION FROM PARK TO DRIVE.

that's what I meant mate, he doesn't want to keep going in to park when stationary so the hold option is what he needs, its slight more than quick press on the pedal as loads of posts on here saying ppl couldn't get it to work but they weren't pressing hard enough hence the " " around the word stamp, I said that hold would then negate the need to have foot on brake or go in to park

Edited by JB-A45 - 10 Oct 2017 at 5:06pm
Now moved on to an M235i M Performance convertible DMS map 411bhp / 590nm torque

steve_3939 View Drop Down
A-Class Expert
A-Class Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve_3939 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2017 at 10:40am
I press my brake pedal with less pressure than i do to slow down to activate hold.
May 16 AMG A45 White. Just about every option going I think. Miles better than my Golf 7R (except maybe the cruise control)
Beefy View Drop Down
A-Class Newbie
A-Class Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beefy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 1:54pm
This works fine for me.  I press a little harder on the brake pedal when I'm going to be stationary for a few minutes and "HOLD" appears in the display.  Pressing the accelerator gets me moving again.  Exactly what I wanted so thanks again. :)
JB-A45 View Drop Down
A-Class Expert
A-Class Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote JB-A45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 1:57pm

This works fine for me.  I press a little harder on the brake pedal when I'm going to be stationary for a few minutes and "HOLD" appears in the display.  Pressing the accelerator gets me moving again.  Exactly what I wanted so thanks again. :)

RESULT!!!! I thought I had understood you properly!!! it is a good feature that I miss

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic