FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the brand new & FREE Mercedes A-Class forums!

Please signup for free here: Register

Once you have joined, introduce yourself in our newbies forum! We also have technical forums for each A-Class model as well as general A-Class chat, off topic chat, galleries for posting pictures and lots more A-Class forum stuff coming soon!

Parking sensors

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Nile View Drop Down
A-Class Newbie
A-Class Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Parking sensors
    Posted: 12 Mar 2018 at 2:43pm
Has anybody experienced random bleeps from the parking sensors when you move away with no obvious triggering agents? Seems to have done it couple of times today,
Thanks in advance
Sponsored Links

A250_FL View Drop Down
A-Class Senior
A-Class Senior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A250_FL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2018 at 2:59pm
Very occasionally.  Mine did it at the weekend whilst driving very slowly towards a red light.  My hunch is that it's water or dirt or something.
JB-A45 View Drop Down
A-Class Expert
A-Class Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JB-A45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2018 at 3:11pm
snow used to set them off!!!
Now moved on to an M235i M Performance convertible DMS map 411bhp / 590nm torque

Previous car A45 AMG Cirrus white
tanitos View Drop Down
A-Class Groupie
A-Class Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tanitos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2018 at 3:46pm
My sister's GLA had a faulty front sensor which triggered for no reason. Replaced under warranty, then after some time the replacement started acting weird as well, she removed the front plate holder and voila! :P 
A45 AMG | Exclusive |Kosmosblack | Silver 19"| ILS | Performance Seats & Exhaust | Comand Online | Pano | Harman Kardon | Heated Seats | Mirror & Memory Pack | Thermotronic |Reverse Cam | IR
JB-A45 View Drop Down
A-Class Expert
A-Class Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JB-A45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2018 at 4:16pm
Originally posted by tanitos tanitos wrote:

My sister's GLA had a faulty front sensor which triggered for no reason. Replaced under warranty, then after some time the replacement started acting weird as well, she removed the front plate holder and voila! :P 

I was always found them very sensitive, had to turn them off when driving in London as ppl bikes etc would always set them off, have to actually switch the front ones on with the BM which is much better
Now moved on to an M235i M Performance convertible DMS map 411bhp / 590nm torque

renny View Drop Down
A-Class Expert
A-Class Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote renny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2018 at 7:26am
My played up once and it was down to frost on the car.
It's here! It's gone!
StuA45AMG View Drop Down
A-Class Senior
A-Class Senior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StuA45AMG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2018 at 10:12am
Mine played up the other week and it was polish/wax in one of  the rear sensors, jet washed it out and all good
No polish/wax near the sensors in future
DMS,carbon rear diffuser,black badges,H&R springs,AMS filter,carbon wing mirrors,vented/bulged carbon bonnet,8" monitor
radar View Drop Down
A-Class Newbie
A-Class Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote radar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2018 at 1:31pm
yep, indeed. no idea of the cause but happens rarely enough not to concern me
OJ29 View Drop Down
A-Class Senior
A-Class Senior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OJ29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2018 at 3:23pm
Happens to me coming off my drive, it seems because of the slight incline as you roll off the dropped kerb it thinks the road is an obstacle. I've had it happen with snow too.

When I first got my car I was a bit confused as to why the sensors never made any noise until the lights were red so I asked the dealer to change the settings on them. That was hell. They started beeping slowly when one bar lit up, very annoying when at a McDonalds Drive Thru :D Needless to say I had them changed back after about a week.
JB-A45 View Drop Down
A-Class Expert
A-Class Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JB-A45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2018 at 4:11pm
Originally posted by OJ29 OJ29 wrote:

Happens to me coming off my drive, it seems because of the slight incline as you roll off the dropped kerb it thinks the road is an obstacle. I've had it happen with snow too.

When I first got my car I was a bit confused as to why the sensors never made any noise until the lights were red so I asked the dealer to change the settings on them. That was hell. They started beeping slowly when one bar lit up, very annoying when at a McDonalds Drive Thru :D Needless to say I had them changed back after about a week.

I got confused at my cost!!! always been used to Audi and BM "beeping" from the off and not beep@lastminute.com and on day 2 of ownership reversed the fookin thing in to a wall

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic