FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the brand new & FREE Mercedes A-Class forums!

Please signup for free here: Register

Once you have joined, introduce yourself in our newbies forum! We also have technical forums for each A-Class model as well as general A-Class chat, off topic chat, galleries for posting pictures and lots more A-Class forum stuff coming soon!

Please help

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Kimmy30 View Drop Down
A-Class Newbie
A-Class Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimmy30 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2017 at 8:22pm
Sponsored Links

Gypsyhew View Drop Down
A-Class Groupie
A-Class Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gypsyhew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2017 at 8:23pm
The colour type should be on a sticker on your drivers door which will help get the paint code. It's a tyre pressure monitor system that indicates when your tyres need more air in them, not sure if all a classes have this as I only really know about the A45's. Yep buy piece by piece from eBay that way it will keep the cost down.
Pre FL cosmos black A45, Performance exhaust, Performance steering wheel, Carbonwurks mirrors and some other subtle changes. Chocolate labrador co-driver.
xxx View Drop Down
A-Class Senior
A-Class Senior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2017 at 8:28pm
Originally posted by Kimmy30 Kimmy30 wrote:

£800 is far to much for those with tyres 
Kimmy30 View Drop Down
A-Class Newbie
A-Class Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimmy30 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2017 at 8:31pm
Okay are they not good? I can't find black amg alloys with tyres for cheaper?? I think I'm best starting with alloys and vinyl wrapping to ease me into this lol. What about the lights?
Gypsyhew View Drop Down
A-Class Groupie
A-Class Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gypsyhew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2017 at 8:38pm
Id personally go for those alloys, I have them on my A45 although I painted mine grey and think the design looks amazing. gives you a brief idea of how they would look on your car if you were to choose them.
Pre FL cosmos black A45, Performance exhaust, Performance steering wheel, Carbonwurks mirrors and some other subtle changes. Chocolate labrador co-driver.
ALS391 View Drop Down
A-Class Expert
A-Class Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ALS391 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2017 at 9:38pm
Originally posted by Kimmy30 Kimmy30 wrote:

Okay are they not good? I can't find black amg alloys with tyres for cheaper?? I think I'm best starting with alloys and vinyl wrapping to ease me into this lol. What about the lights?

Those do look like std A45 alloys but in black difficult to compare with the ones in the eBay link, 
ask the guy selling for the MB part no off the back something like A176******* .

If they're A45 alloys they're 8J with ET48 offset so will fill the your arches better, they should have 235/40 x 18's on

price is alright as a new wheel alone is an eye watering £580 from MB

the eBay ones are 7.5J with ET52 so a bit narrower

Your car colour is called Universe Blue, not many about, agreed not sure

The belt line (chrome thingy's ) on the doors just clip off and easy to wrap or paint

Edited by ALS391 - 11 Jan 2017 at 9:47pm
A45 SSB,Performance exhaust,Red Calipers,Pano,ILS,Auto mirrors,Mem htd seats,Comand,DAB,Blind spot asst,rear flicks.

old cars:A250 4matic,2xA250's EngbyAMG /Clio RS200t EDC/2xClio RS200's
Kimmy30 View Drop Down
A-Class Newbie
A-Class Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimmy30 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2017 at 10:05pm
This is really helpful guys I can't thank you enough. I'm going to sort alloys and wrapping the roof first. Then sort the kit pieces. One of my mates said although these alloys will fit it'll make the drive worse especially on corners if I don't sort breaks etc? Is that right?
btc201 View Drop Down
A-Class Senior
A-Class Senior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote btc201 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2017 at 10:11pm
a45 look-a-like will cost you a small fortune,,i did my base golf tdi to look like a bluemotion with the vw bodykit,by the time you gather all the parts + wheels+paint+fitting,i can guarantee the colour wont match and you will end up blowing in the wings and 1/4 to match,otherwise everytime you see your car it will smack you in the face that i doesnt match,even when you use the right colour code n shade,plus youl need the under bumper tray on the front,,why not,privacy the back windows,diamond grille upgrade,rear twin exhaust diffuser upgrade,do the wheels,theres plenty on e-bay,see crazy steve on here for a pair of a-class owners club small 1/4 widows decals,in petronas green,petronas green strip on the rear diffuser,and wrap the strip in petronas green on the front,smart looking,yet wont break the bank either,i did my white a180 cdi in red,just a thought,good luck with what you decide on,oh and post plenty of piccys Thumbs Up

Edited by btc201 - 11 Jan 2017 at 10:32pm
btc201 View Drop Down
A-Class Senior
A-Class Senior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote btc201 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2017 at 10:13pm
btc201 View Drop Down
A-Class Senior
A-Class Senior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote btc201 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2017 at 10:15pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic