Forum Description: Forum for the AMG
URL: http://www.aclassclub.co.uk/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=10639
Printed Date: 24 Jun 2018 at 5:44pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Racechip Ultimate for A45
Posted By: enbaru
Subject: Racechip Ultimate for A45
Date Posted: 08 Nov 2016 at 1:55am
Just got this installed down in Melbourne, Australia and you can sure feel the punch when accelerating. Stock car dyn'd at 193kw with torque of 480nm. After installation and in race mode it puts oot 233kw and 640nm.

Replies:
Posted By: rx8
Date Posted: 08 Nov 2016 at 9:26am
Approximately how many whp or bhp is that ?

Posted By: tanitos
Date Posted: 08 Nov 2016 at 9:36am
Am I missing something or the power figures seem too low?

-------------
A45 AMG | Exclusive |Kosmosblack | Silver 19"| ILS | Performance Seats & Exhaust | Comand Online | Pano | Harman Kardon | Heated Seats | Mirror & Memory Pack | Thermotronic |Reverse Cam | IR

Posted By: Disco Dal
Date Posted: 08 Nov 2016 at 9:55am
My kettle is rated in KW. Speak in bhp man.....

-------------
FL A45 , Mountain Grey, fully loaded - INSTAGRAM @hyperglosspvd

Posted By: MozeyPanda
Date Posted: 08 Nov 2016 at 10:00am
258.81 doesn't seem right 

http://www.rapidtables.com/convert/power/kw-to-bhp.htm" rel="nofollow - http://www.rapidtables.com/convert/power/kw-to-bhp.htm
How to convert kW to BHP
One mechanical brake horsepower is equal to 0.745699872 kilowatts:
1 hp = 745.699872 W = 0.745699872 kW

So the power conversion of kilowatts to BHP is given by:
P(hp) = P(kW) / 0.745699872

Example
Convert 100 kW to BHP:
P(hp) = 100 kW /  0.745699872 = 134.102 hp

-------------
FL A45 Mountain Grey with Command Internet online|Super Duper Premium Plus Negative Pack|AMG Selective Not Harsh & Kinda Harsh Dampening|Other stuff|

Posted By: zash
Date Posted: 08 Nov 2016 at 10:38am
The 233kw is around 313 hp. But this is power at the wheels so will be around 380-390 at the crank. Pretty spot on for a tuned a45.

Posted By: JB-A45
Date Posted: 08 Nov 2016 at 10:46am
nope that's low!!! should be at least 400 and up to 425/30

-------------
Now moved on to an M235i M Performance convertible DMS map 411bhp / 590nm torque

Previous car A45 AMG Cirrus white

Posted By: LondonViking
Date Posted: 08 Nov 2016 at 11:05am
Would look at the area under the curve first to be honest so stock vs tuned. There are some bumps on that curves not sure whether the car wasn't strapped down properly however the 640nm seems like an over reading to me to be honest. BHP assuming a box could be around that level give or take a bit.

Posted By: zash
Date Posted: 08 Nov 2016 at 11:43am
Originally posted by JB-A45 JB-A45 wrote:

It depends what you consider the losses to be from crank to atw. But around 230kw is pretty consistent for a45 on Australian dynos. Keep in mind it is a dyno reading and there are happy dynos and not so happy ones.

Date Posted: 08 Nov 2016 at 12:18pm
Originally posted by zash zash wrote:

Originally posted by JB-A45 JB-A45 wrote:

It depends what you consider the losses to be from crank to atw. But around 230kw is pretty consistent for a45 on Australian dynos. Keep in mind it is a dyno reading and there are happy dynos and not so happy ones.

mine went on 3 different dynos and they all matched up

-------------
Now moved on to an M235i M Performance convertible DMS map 411bhp / 590nm torque

Posted By: Shaun
Date Posted: 08 Nov 2016 at 12:50pm
That figure will (should) be based at the wheels.  On a Dyno Dynamics in shootout mode that would calculate out to be around 400bhp at the crank.  Assuming this is a tuning box, that could be about right.

We have no idea what fuel this is being run on either.

More detail needed really.

-------------
http://www.aclassclub.co.uk/forum/a45-amg-one-step-at-a-time_topic5477_page1.html" rel="nofollow - A45 Modification Project

Posted By: enbaru
Date Posted: 08 Nov 2016 at 8:19pm
Hi Guys,
I will try and explain further.
Firstly in Aus everything is in KW not BHP. To convert you will have to check google as to how.

Secondly the fuel is Optimax 98%. I have never used 91% or 95% fuel even in my previous STI's and WRX's.

Thirdly the chart can be read as follows:
Top line is with Racechip box (piggy back) on "race"
Second line is with Racechip box (piggy back) on "sport"
Third line is stock A45
The bottom 3 lines relate to the torque and are in the same order as above.

Fourthly it is very hard to get the correct dyno in Melbourne. When I found a good one I stuck to it for all runs. Dyno's for AWD cars are not readily available where I live. The dyno guy has been doing his work for over 20 years so I have to presume he knows what he is doing.
He did explain that along of factors can change between different dyn's.

Fifthly I was told that there is about a 30% difference between at the wheel and at the fly, which what manufactures use in their specs in Australia at least. So my A45 was rated at 265kw atf which is about 185kw atw. So roughly about correct as my stock dyno was 193kw.

Lastly, as I didn't want to flash my ECU I searched for a piggy back system and I choose the german one known as Racechip. My install guy was also a local person close to my home and provides a good back up service if I need. It was also cost effective. In the end I spent about AUD$1,600 and this included the top of the range Racechip Ultimate with app, The Racechip throttle response and a BMC air filter. In Australia you can spend up to AUD $1000 just for an ECU reflash. At least I can always take the piggy back off and return the car to stock if I want to sell the car.

Having had a few STI's at various levels of upgrade the beauty with the A45 is that it easily is faster than those but the finish on the inside is a million times better. I don't see how I will be able to downsize to anything but a merc. 

Posted By: AMGA45JT
Date Posted: 06 Dec 2017 at 12:20pm
Raising the dead!!

Is there any update on this Race Chip Ultimate or Pro 2?
I'm looking at buying Rebellion or Race Chip.

Date Posted: 06 Dec 2017 at 3:31pm
Originally posted by AMGA45JT AMGA45JT wrote:

Raising the dead!!

Is there any update on this Race Chip Ultimate or Pro 2?
I'm looking at buying Rebellion or Race Chip.

get RENNtech, MSL or Litchfield rather than from either of the 2 you have mentioned

-------------

Posted By: MarkM
Date Posted: 06 Dec 2017 at 8:56pm
30% drivetrain loss?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

-------------
A45 AMG Cirrus white + Aero, Connect L2, 172Cup, Smart Cab

Posted By: Kingpin
Date Posted: 07 Dec 2017 at 8:42am
Am I being thick but how do you read the torque figure from that graph?
And if standard BHP figures are quoted at the engine (I presume our standard 381 is at the engine not the wheels?) then do most dyno's give a power figure at the engine to compare more easily with standard?
I have this Racechip Ultimate and would like to put it on a dyno, anyone recommend one? I'm near Cambridge but don't mind travelling.

-------------
2016 A45 Cosmos Black, tinted windows plus Command Online

Date Posted: 07 Dec 2017 at 9:51am
Originally posted by Kingpin Kingpin wrote:

Am I being thick but how do you read the torque figure from that graph?
And if standard BHP figures are quoted at the engine (I presume our standard 381 is at the engine not the wheels?) then do most dyno's give a power figure at the engine to compare more easily with standard?
I have this Racechip Ultimate and would like to put it on a dyno, anyone recommend one? I'm near Cambridge but don't mind travelling.

DMS or MSL west brom area, although the MSL RR has shown to be a bit happy at times

-------------

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2017 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net