FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the brand new & FREE Mercedes A-Class forums!

Please signup for free here: Register

Once you have joined, introduce yourself in our newbies forum! We also have technical forums for each A-Class model as well as general A-Class chat, off topic chat, galleries for posting pictures and lots more A-Class forum stuff coming soon!

Question about Side Mirror Retrofit

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
naughtika View Drop Down
A-Class Newbie
A-Class Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naughtika Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Question about Side Mirror Retrofit
    Posted: 12 Mar 2018 at 1:46am
Hi All, been reading through the site and particularly with the electric folding side mirrors.

Mine doesn't come with it and I would like to retrofit this into my car.  Found a shop in Sunny Coast Queensland who's willing to do the job and is charging me $550 aud  (which I think is reasonable)

I believe I got all the part numbers ready (a1669000618 & a1669000318) for the control boxes and side mirrors seems to be easily available at most wreckers.

Now, my questions are

1. when I do the retrofit, knowing I need to have it coded - will the side mirror work as normal before coding it?
2. does all electric fold mirrors have blind side assist indicator light?
3. I know some models do have the light under the mirrors that point down, will I be able to make this work as well?
4. Lastly, if the electric fold side mirror doesn't come with the blind side assist indicator light , can I transfer my mirror and hope that it works?

any information is appreciated.

Christian
Sponsored Links

Shahaad View Drop Down
A-Class Newbie
A-Class Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shahaad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2018 at 8:34am
Originally posted by naughtika naughtika wrote:

Hi All, been reading through the site and particularly with the electric folding side mirrors.

Mine doesn't come with it and I would like to retrofit this into my car.  Found a shop in Sunny Coast Queensland who's willing to do the job and is charging me $550 aud  (which I think is reasonable)

I believe I got all the part numbers ready (a1669000618 & a1669000318) for the control boxes and side mirrors seems to be easily available at most wreckers.

Now, my questions are

1. when I do the retrofit, knowing I need to have it coded - will the side mirror work as normal before coding it?
2. does all electric fold mirrors have blind side assist indicator light?
3. I know some models do have the light under the mirrors that point down, will I be able to make this work as well?
4. Lastly, if the electric fold side mirror doesn't come with the blind side assist indicator light , can I transfer my mirror and hope that it works?

any information is appreciated.

Christian

Hi Christian, 

I can answer one of your questions:

I have the mirror pack and to confirm, mine does not have the blind side assist indicator light. So no not all electric mirrors have the blind side assist.

Good luck and keep us posted on your retro fit Smile
naughtika View Drop Down
A-Class Newbie
A-Class Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naughtika Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2018 at 9:32am
thanks for the reply, I wonder if the wiring will be the same as well... like if i can just remove my mirror glass and put it into the retrofitted ones?
Abx View Drop Down
A-Class Expert
A-Class Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2018 at 10:34am
I did the retrofit.

1, Sorry can't remember
2, Not in Europe, neither my old manual folding nor my new power folding have it.
3, As long as the new mirrors have it then yes it can be coded in to work, make sure to add in a new LED bulb before you put the mirror covers on as they look much better, making sure the bulb is the right way round.
4, If I recall there was a spare wire in the housing so that may work.
64 plate, Cirrus white, 19's, Aero, Perf Exhaust, Perf Wheel/Shifter, AMG Excl, Leather, Memory Pack, HK, Red Calipers, Rear Cam
naughtika View Drop Down
A-Class Newbie
A-Class Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naughtika Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2018 at 12:40pm
Originally posted by Abx Abx wrote:

I did the retrofit.

1, Sorry can't remember
2, Not in Europe, neither my old manual folding nor my new power folding have it.
3, As long as the new mirrors have it then yes it can be coded in to work, make sure to add in a new LED bulb before you put the mirror covers on as they look much better, making sure the bulb is the right way round.
4, If I recall there was a spare wire in the housing so that may work.

thanks for the response, I think these sums up what I've been thinking about. 

I hope my local dealer doesn't mind me doing this stuff
Abx View Drop Down
A-Class Expert
A-Class Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2018 at 4:22pm
I doubt they would even notice!
64 plate, Cirrus white, 19's, Aero, Perf Exhaust, Perf Wheel/Shifter, AMG Excl, Leather, Memory Pack, HK, Red Calipers, Rear Cam
naughtika View Drop Down
A-Class Newbie
A-Class Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naughtika Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2018 at 7:13am
started purchasing the bits to do this retrofit, hope the overall freight cost won't bite me in ass :D
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic