FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the brand new & FREE Mercedes A-Class forums!

Please signup for free here: Register

Once you have joined, introduce yourself in our newbies forum! We also have technical forums for each A-Class model as well as general A-Class chat, off topic chat, galleries for posting pictures and lots more A-Class forum stuff coming soon!

Racechip Ultimate for A45

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Shaun View Drop Down
A-Class Expert
A-Class Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shaun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2016 at 12:50pm
That figure will (should) be based at the wheels.  On a Dyno Dynamics in shootout mode that would calculate out to be around 400bhp at the crank.  Assuming this is a tuning box, that could be about right.

We have no idea what fuel this is being run on either.

More detail needed really.
Sponsored Links

enbaru View Drop Down
A-Class Newbie
A-Class Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote enbaru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2016 at 8:19pm
Hi Guys,
I will try and explain further.
Firstly in Aus everything is in KW not BHP. To convert you will have to check google as to how.

Secondly the fuel is Optimax 98%. I have never used 91% or 95% fuel even in my previous STI's and WRX's.

Thirdly the chart can be read as follows:
Top line is with Racechip box (piggy back) on "race"
Second line is with Racechip box (piggy back) on "sport"
Third line is stock A45
The bottom 3 lines relate to the torque and are in the same order as above.

Fourthly it is very hard to get the correct dyno in Melbourne. When I found a good one I stuck to it for all runs. Dyno's for AWD cars are not readily available where I live. The dyno guy has been doing his work for over 20 years so I have to presume he knows what he is doing.
He did explain that along of factors can change between different dyn's.

Fifthly I was told that there is about a 30% difference between at the wheel and at the fly, which what manufactures use in their specs in Australia at least. So my A45 was rated at 265kw atf which is about 185kw atw. So roughly about correct as my stock dyno was 193kw.

Lastly, as I didn't want to flash my ECU I searched for a piggy back system and I choose the german one known as Racechip. My install guy was also a local person close to my home and provides a good back up service if I need. It was also cost effective. In the end I spent about AUD$1,600 and this included the top of the range Racechip Ultimate with app, The Racechip throttle response and a BMC air filter. In Australia you can spend up to AUD $1000 just for an ECU reflash. At least I can always take the piggy back off and return the car to stock if I want to sell the car.

Having had a few STI's at various levels of upgrade the beauty with the A45 is that it easily is faster than those but the finish on the inside is a million times better. I don't see how I will be able to downsize to anything but a merc. 

AMGA45JT View Drop Down
A-Class Newbie
A-Class Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMGA45JT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2017 at 12:20pm
Raising the dead!!

Is there any update on this Race Chip Ultimate or Pro 2?
I'm looking at buying Rebellion or Race Chip.

JB-A45 View Drop Down
A-Class Expert
A-Class Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JB-A45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2017 at 3:31pm
Originally posted by AMGA45JT AMGA45JT wrote:

Raising the dead!!

Is there any update on this Race Chip Ultimate or Pro 2?
I'm looking at buying Rebellion or Race Chip.

get RENNtech, MSL or Litchfield rather than from either of the 2 you have mentioned
Now moved on to an M235i M Performance convertible DMS map 411bhp / 590nm torque

Previous car A45 AMG Cirrus white
MarkM View Drop Down
A-Class Newbie
A-Class Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarkM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2017 at 8:56pm
30% drivetrain loss?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
A45 AMG Cirrus white + Aero, Connect L2, 172Cup, Smart Cab
Kingpin View Drop Down
A-Class Groupie
A-Class Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kingpin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2017 at 8:42am
Am I being thick but how do you read the torque figure from that graph?
And if standard BHP figures are quoted at the engine (I presume our standard 381 is at the engine not the wheels?) then do most dyno's give a power figure at the engine to compare more easily with standard?
I have this Racechip Ultimate and would like to put it on a dyno, anyone recommend one? I'm near Cambridge but don't mind travelling.

2016 A45 Cosmos Black, tinted windows plus Command Online
JB-A45 View Drop Down
A-Class Expert
A-Class Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JB-A45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2017 at 9:51am
Originally posted by Kingpin Kingpin wrote:

Am I being thick but how do you read the torque figure from that graph?
And if standard BHP figures are quoted at the engine (I presume our standard 381 is at the engine not the wheels?) then do most dyno's give a power figure at the engine to compare more easily with standard?
I have this Racechip Ultimate and would like to put it on a dyno, anyone recommend one? I'm near Cambridge but don't mind travelling.

DMS or MSL west brom area, although the MSL RR has shown to be a bit happy at times
Now moved on to an M235i M Performance convertible DMS map 411bhp / 590nm torque

Previous car A45 AMG Cirrus white
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic