FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the brand new & FREE Mercedes A-Class forums!

Please signup for free here: Register

Once you have joined, introduce yourself in our newbies forum! We also have technical forums for each A-Class model as well as general A-Class chat, off topic chat, galleries for posting pictures and lots more A-Class forum stuff coming soon!

Light underneath wing mirror

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MWC88 View Drop Down
A-Class Senior
A-Class Senior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MWC88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Light underneath wing mirror
    Posted: 11 Jan 2017 at 4:39pm
I chose to move the motor out of the way so access was easier like the pictures in the link but pretty sure you can do it without having to do it.

Edited by MWC88 - 11 Jan 2017 at 4:40pm
FL A45 Premium (Mountain Grey - Non Aero Night Pack, AMG Dynamic Plus, AMG Exclusive Pack, COMAND Online, Driving Assistance Pack, Performance Exhaust)
Sponsored Links

AMG-Rob View Drop Down
A-Class Newbie
A-Class Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMG-Rob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2017 at 4:34pm
Originally posted by MWC88 MWC88 wrote:

Hi all,

Just a quick message to say I had a try of this and it does make a difference to the car, doesn't have that horrible yellow tinge to the body work anymore...

Took a picture to show, apologies for quality as was done on a iPhone and in the dark.

AMG-Rob's post showing how to install is actually pretty much spot on but you will need a star bit to get to the screws out as they aren't normal Philips or Flathead screws.

Also Happy New Year to everyone as I've not been on in a while Thumbs Up

Michael

Looks good, not sure if FL is different but I didn't even need to remove any screws! I admit on the first one I did I started to remove them before relising there was little to no point the housing is just at the bottom and clips out with a flat head.

Edited by AMG-Rob - 11 Jan 2017 at 4:34pm
A45 AMG - Cirrus White, 19's, Performance Exhaust, Aero, Harman Kardon, Pano Roof, Becker Nav, Mirror Pack, Red Callipers, Night Package, FL Diffuser.
MWC88 View Drop Down
A-Class Senior
A-Class Senior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MWC88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2017 at 4:29pm
Hi all,

Just a quick message to say I had a try of this and it does make a difference to the car, doesn't have that horrible yellow tinge to the body work anymore...

Took a picture to show, apologies for quality as was done on a iPhone and in the dark.

AMG-Rob's post showing how to install is actually pretty much spot on but you will need a star bit to get to the screws out as they aren't normal Philips or Flathead screws.

Also Happy New Year to everyone as I've not been on in a while Thumbs Up

Michael
FL A45 Premium (Mountain Grey - Non Aero Night Pack, AMG Dynamic Plus, AMG Exclusive Pack, COMAND Online, Driving Assistance Pack, Performance Exhaust)
AMG-Rob View Drop Down
A-Class Newbie
A-Class Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMG-Rob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2017 at 4:12pm
Done a few sets of these now..

Adjust the mirror right down and in towards the car, you shoudl now have made a cap - get your fingers in-between the glass and the mirror housing and pull - the glass has a backing so is nice and strong.
Then you'll see the housing of the bulb at the bottom under the mirror's motor, simply pop that out using a small flat head screwdriver.

A lot easier than forums made it out! Some images can be found on this guys post. Good luck.

http://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w204/476877-led-side-mirror-puddle-lights-redesigned-led-mirror-housings.html
A45 AMG - Cirrus White, 19's, Performance Exhaust, Aero, Harman Kardon, Pano Roof, Becker Nav, Mirror Pack, Red Callipers, Night Package, FL Diffuser.
Abx View Drop Down
A-Class Expert
A-Class Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2017 at 2:29pm
I did look at just popping the glass out but the bulb recess is angled backwards and I'm sure you'd never get your fingers in there.

It is a PITA of a job but well worth it, I'd advise you do it on a hot day to minimise the risk of any clips breaking as you take the cover off as the inside one is very weak! 
64 plate, Cirrus white, 19's, Aero, Perf Exhaust, Perf Wheel/Shifter, AMG Excl, Leather, Memory Pack, HK, Red Calipers, Rear Cam
Chollas82 View Drop Down
A-Class Newbie
A-Class Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chollas82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2017 at 1:02pm
Hi there,

I actually bought the OSRAM LED Premium W5W LED's in cool white from Amazon. £15 for a pack of two. I then had a local mechanic change them for me. I think he charged around £30 to do it but didn't want to risk it myself. He simply popped out the glass and change the bulb that way. You don't have to take the whole Murrow apart. It looks great now, why they sell the car with LED's in the mirrors baffles me! Lol
vChazz View Drop Down
A-Class Newbie
A-Class Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vChazz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2017 at 11:19am
Hi Chris,

I was thinking the same thing and found this other post on the forum:

http://www.aclassclub.co.uk/forum/door-mirror-puddle-light-bulb-upgrade_topic10941.html

Might be worth checking it out although sounds pretty tricky to strip the mirrors down.
Chollas82 View Drop Down
A-Class Newbie
A-Class Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chollas82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2016 at 6:06pm
Hi All,

Has anyone noticed that the light underneath the wind mirror, projects a horrible yellow glow, obviously a halogen bulb. Why on earth with all the rest of the car having led lightning would they put halogen bulbs to light up the side of the car!

Has anyone tried to replace with an led equivalent? Saw a video on YouTube and Mercedes certainly don't make it easy!!!

Cheers
Chris
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic