Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I purchased a 17 plate w176 today, but I've noticed that the lights don't have the DRLs that I've seen on other models. Mine comes with the night pack. But just doesn't seem to have the option? I've also noticed the lights are quite an orange colour too which is strange. Could it be they just need new bulbs or do some models not come with them? THANK YOU!

·
Registered
224 Posts
The DRL's are contained within the headlight bulb & it's quite likely that they could have been turned off by the previous owner on the lights menu. Afraid that the standard bulbs are pretty shocking & you may consider changing to Osram or Philips performance bulbs, I changed the bulbs in my car & one of the two bulbs within the headlight is a swine to change unless you have very small hands. All joking aside I & a colleague tried to change one of the bulbs whilst working night shift on a car ferry & we couldn't do it at 6am shift change an on coming colleague with small hands & ex Kwik Fit managed it within the 7 minute river crossing time LOL

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The DRL's are contained within the headlight bulb & it's quite likely that they could have been turned off by the previous owner on the lights menu. Afraid that the standard bulbs are pretty shocking & you may consider changing to Osram or Philips performance bulbs, I changed the bulbs in my car & one of the two bulbs within the headlight is a swine to change unless you have very small hands. All joking aside I & a colleague tried to change one of the bulbs whilst working night shift on a car ferry & we couldn't do it at 6am shift change an on coming colleague with small hands & ex Kwik Fit managed it within the 7 minute river crossing time LOL
Funny you should say that, I was attempting to change mine today, bought some Phillips H7's to replace the current ones and dropped the bulb down the back of the headlight. Meeting a friend tomorrow to use his bendy magnet tool to hopefully bring it straight bakc out. Otherwise, the full bumper is going to have to come off!!

·
Registered
224 Posts
I've not removed a front bumper myself but sure that I've read on here that the job is a real PIA ,also I think that you'll find that one of the bulbs in your headlight is H15,& it's the passenger side headlight that has the least access

1 - 4 of 4 Posts