Mercedes A-Class Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had my A200 AMG Sport Diesel, Blue with night package for about 3 weeks now and its amazing. smooth drive, infact i love it.

I have loads of questions to ask you guys but i can actually say i havent seen another A class in my area apart from mine :)

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Hi jamesmorgan28 and welcome! I too am a first time Mercedes owner! I have seen one cirrus white and a blue! I have the only Eng by AMG that I've seen in Cardiff! I've had my car almost five weeks it is fantastic! What do you particularly like about yours?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hi jamesmorgan28 I am waiting for my car which will be my first merc too. Which blue did you go for? Mine will be same model as yours in universal blue with night pack

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
@Lynne, I love the comfort of the seats, I love the firm suspension, I love the Xenon headlamps, and the black wing mirrorscomplimentthe blue color exceptionally well. Slightly ggutted that after only owning it for a week i scuffed the alloy with a one inch scuff on the edge, gonna have to get that sorted ASAP.

I did consider the white, but I was put off with the thought of how dirty it would get. I love the electronic handbrake, never had one before and its such a good idea, more room to rest your arm when yourcontrollingthe gear stick :D

@Heldoc, I went for the South sea blue? only blue i was aware of. I wish i had a quicker version of the car, maybe the A220?

·
Registered
318 Posts
Welcome Jamesmorgan28!
Just had a play with the ECO button switched off on some winding country roads. The handling and power was superb
going on my first long motorway drive tmw so it will be interesting to see what mpg I get.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Ditto here! First timer merc... you do get alot of wanted and unwanted attraction though.. I'm gutted too someone chipped 1/5th of an inch of my paint on the passenger front door
. Only found out after i'd washed her over the weekend. Then again, if you want your car to be pristine keep it at home, we are only delaying the inevitable. Driver the car, take the risk.

The south sea blue is an amazing color! congrats on yours, i just can't seem to tag away from the mountain grey though. But all colors of the A class are beautiful! with the exception of black, black is yawn.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Anzz said:
Welcome Jamesmorgan28!
Just had a play with the ECO button switched off on some winding country roads. The handling and power was superb
going on my first long motorway drive tmw so it will be interesting to see what mpg I get.

I thought the 'eco button' only was for the stop/start technology?

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
There are two buttons with 'eco' on! One as you said is for the start/stop tech, the other is on the sport/eco/manual button. This changes the style of driving with the automatic engine. It depends on the model you have purchased if you have this option, I think? Someone will soon tell us, lol!
Edited by: Lynne

·
Registered
150 Posts
I test drove the A250 while waiting for for mine to arrive. The eco mode is very slow. The car takes its sweet time in responding. All that disappears once u switch to either manual or sport. My word does the car behave differently. Abs dream in sport mode.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Half my journey to work is fast dual carriageway with plenty of overtaking opportunities. I have a manual A200 and I switch the Eco button off when I get onto the dual carriageway and the car behaves very differently and is much more responsive - I don't notice any reduction in fuel economy at all as you are not having to press the accelerator quite so hard to get it to do the same speed.

Jan

·
Registered
147 Posts
You must be imagining things. Like said, the ECO button is just for the start/stop system. Maybe it's a placebo effect.

·
Registered
150 Posts
U sure it wasn't the E/S/M button? Because from eco to sport or manual is a very similar to what you describe.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts