Mercedes A-Class Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a call from my dealer today with the news that my A - slated for 20 June delivery - has been pushed back to August build date (for delivery late Sept/early Oct!!!)

I expressed my disappointment in no uncertain terms, and after checking with MB Australia the dealer confirmed there was nothing that could be done as MB Aus informed him that the shortage is due to MB factory being out of the 'night pack' and that all dealers in Australia would be subject to the same delay.

Further he told me that last week MB Australia had contacted dealers to inform that any cars optioned with sports package would be subject to a similar delay due to supply issues with the alloy wheels that are party of that package... I assume the night package delay is therefore attributable to a problem with supply of the alloy wheels that form part of that pack.

I sold my car last week in anticipation of the new one arriving in just over a month...

I'm far far FAR from impressed to put it mildly...

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Very disappointing for you! damedi! Can you not persuade the dealership to "lend" you a car until yours is ready? I think that is the least they could do for you! There is nothing worse than putting your mind on a date and having it delayed, especially when you have already sold your vehicle! The delay is not your fault!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That is exactly what I will be pushing for Lynne.

The dealer all but agreed to it today, but expressed hesitation to lend the car for the full term...

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Your car will still be worth the wait! damedi! The Comand is really good too! Says the woman who is still wondering what it can do, ha, ha! But truly it is a lovely vehicle!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts