Mercedes A-Class Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hi All.

I've just acquired a 2015 facelift A250 AMG and loving my first Merc.

I've noticed what I think is clutch slip on hard acceleration. The 'box is the manual version and when I but my foot down a little harder than normal the engine starts to pull, then revs about 500 rpm higher before dropping the revs a little and pulling again. The best wat to describe it is the same sort of experience you get from driving an automatic when it kicks down to accelerate.
I would normally say this is classic clutch slip, but I had a conversation with a work colleague who said her manual 2017 A200 will rev harder and then take off. She mentioned this before I picked my car up from the dealer last week. I can't ask her any more information as she's not technically minded and in her own words 'Just drives the first car off the drive in the morning'. Hence the rather silly questions that I have about clutch slip as this has got me second guessing my gut instinct.

Has anyone else experienced this phenomenon?
Is this standard behaviour for an A250 AMG manual?
Am I just asking a silly naïve question question to something where the answer is clutch slip?

Any help is appreciated as I need to go have a discussion with the dealer if the answer is its just clutch slip.

Thanks
Hi I experience this in my 2015 facelift A200d

it is intermittent and usually happens in 5/6th gear on hard acceleration

·
Registered
23 Posts
Thanks Jamiel
That's exactly what I was experiencing. It doesn't wipe the smile off my face when my right foot got pressed a little harder on the accelerator than normal though 😁
Contacted to company I bought it off and its having a new clutch this week. Driving round in a 2012 Audi A3 doesn't feel the same anymore.
No worries, mine started happening a number of months after Mercedes had replaced the clutch due to it completely failing on me.

When I realised it was slipping I told them about this issue, it was just my luck, they took it out for a drive for about 35 miles and no issues, they told me that they did the usual clutch tests and everything is fine.

They then said if it happens again contact us and go for a drive with a technician, previously was not allowed due to covid - again my luck we drove around for about 10-15 miles and there were no issues.

It’s as if the car knows it’s going to Mercedes and it doesn’t want to be pulled apart again 😂

It happens here and there, usually if I plant my foot in 5th or 6th gear

1 - 2 of 2 Posts