Mercedes A-Class Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2020 A45S Edition 1
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone help by telling me what this circled part is called, and what it does? Or even better, does anyone have a part number?

Mind is damaged (cracked) and I need to remove and replace it - so want to purchase a replacement first. Thanks.

Automotive fuel system Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design Automotive air manifold

Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting Automotive design Motor vehicle

·
Super Moderator
5,750 Posts
I just saw why you're asking all these questions.

·
Registered
2020 A45S Edition 1
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This A45 forum seems strange - two requests for help/advice, more than 300 members have read each but I get only one reaction to each - both from a forum moderator. Is this typical of the A45 forum - lots of lookers and few contributors? Am I better of asking on the general W177 forum?

I own 14 Mercs - 1 x R107, 3 x R172, 3 x W163, 6 x W176 and now also 1 x W177 (the A45S) so am a member of several sites/forums and gladly give more than I get and all these forums are “active” in terms of sharing. I’m a bit disillusioned by what I’m experiencing here.

·
Registered
175 Posts
This A45 forum seems strange - two requests for help/advice, more than 300 members have read each but I get only one reaction to each - both from a forum moderator. Is this typical of the A45 forum - lots of lookers and few contributors? Am I better of asking on the general W177 forum?

I own 14 Mercs - 1 x R107, 3 x R172, 3 x W163, 6 x W176 and now also 1 x W177 (the A45S) so am a member of several sites/forums and gladly give more than I get and all these forums are “active” in terms of sharing. I’m a bit disillusioned by what I’m experiencing here.
You may have to change your expectations here. You own more mercs than probably anyone else here, but are asking us what that part is - in terms of A45s ownership we probably know less than you.
Short of engineers, those with workshop technical manuals or someone who has pulled apart an a45s engine its going to be difficult to get an answer. The A45s is not a modders platform.
How did you break/damage it? Are you working on it yourself or is it in a workshop?
Your best bet might be from Mercedes directly. If stock car might be better for you to get a dealer to fix it.
@Turbo Ed may be the only forum member who could help?

·
Registered
2020 A45S Edition 1
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You may have to change your expectations here. You own more mercs than probably anyone else here, but are asking us what that part is - in terms of A45s ownership we probably know less than you.
Short of engineers, those with workshop technical manuals or someone who has pulled apart an a45s engine its going to be difficult to get an answer. The A45s is not a modders platform.
How did you break/damage it? Are you working on it yourself or is it in a workshop?
Your best bet might be from Mercedes directly. If stock car might be better for you to get a dealer to fix it.
@Turbo Ed may be the only forum member who could help?
Thanks. I purchased the car in an accident damaged state and will repair it myself for myself. That’s what I enjoy doing. I’ve done this previously for two SLKs, one C250 and four A250s. Now I’ll tackle the A45S but as it’s still a bit new to me I was just seeing if anyone here has some relevant tech knowledge of info. If that’s not the case no matter - I don’t see any insurmountable problems ahead.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Thanks. I purchased the car in an accident damaged state and will repair it myself for myself. That’s what I enjoy doing. I’ve done this previously for two SLKs, one C250 and four A250s. Now I’ll tackle the A45S but as it’s still a bit new to me I was just seeing if anyone here has some relevant tech knowledge of info. If that’s not the case no matter - I don’t see any insurmountable problems ahead.
Very cool project!
You should document the process here, we would all learn from you. Any pics of the damage?
If you have the engine out we definitely need @Turbo Ed, he is modding his engine and has researched/tested various aspects of the engine/fueling/cooling systems. He could probably guide you if you want to improve or mod some of the engine limitations.

·
Super Moderator
5,750 Posts

@Sixman comments are correct. Most of us drive the car and never get our hands dirty on it other than perhaps washing it. While members can answer practical points few of us will know part numbers or precisely what goes where. What I have noticed is that the older cars, such as the first gen A45, people do seem to get their hands dirty on as they are trying to keep costs down.

You might well be able to reach some of the more hands on members by posting in the main W177 part of the forum.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts