Mercedes A-Class Forum banner
1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Premium Member
441 Posts
I think we will see a front bumper with a similar style to the new C-class (smaller lower grill, but the side grills extend towards the middle). All 'normal' models will probably have a 48v mild-hybrid system too.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts

Reactions: greatbrit

·
Super Moderator
5,779 Posts
Reactions: Marksummers

·
Registered
6 Posts
Loving these updates guys, thank you!

I've decided to place my current A250 order on hold until more news drops about the facelift release. It was due for delivery in January but it feels like a bad time to be buying new right before an update. Hopefully some of the dropped features return, the parking assist, sound system, wireless charging etc...

·
Administrator
5,310 Posts
Speculation:

Thread on the next gen MBUX (which I don't think the A Class is going to get):

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Totally agree. I use the touchpad all the time and not having it would be a major issue. The touchscreen is fine for occasional use (I find it easier typing on the on screen keyboard for satnav entry), but it's mounted too far away to use comfortably to use for the majority of input. Other than cost cutting, the only logical reason for ditching the touchpad would be if MB were to redesign the centre screen to use the larger portrait screen from the C and S class which are mounted closer to the drivers hand.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Also it's impossible to keep clear of greasy fingerprints. And the touchpad works with gloves also, which is not a minor issue up here at arctic circle. Last but not least, it'a a safety issue.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Guys, what do you think, should I go for the current model, or wait for restyle? They told me at the dealership that I would need to wait around 5 months to get the car, if ordered in the first part of the February. I am looking at patagonia red A200 AMG style, with Premium package and some addons like Multibeam LED, Distronic, panoramic roof, etc and I quite like it how I specced it, but if facelift is around the corner, maybe it's worth the wait :rolleyes:

·
Registered
90 Posts
Well.. as far i have seen dont be surprised that they remove the central console. They are trying to save even more money.. so far they are only removing options

·
Registered
20 Posts
Myself personally, go for one now.
You know what you are getting and I fear that the centre touchpad will go and the entertainment screen will go to portrait mode, which may include the climate control buttons and even may displace the central heating fans.
If this happens then I can’t see how it can be classed as a facelift and would be more like a next generation model.
Right now you know what you are getting, and the ‘face lifted’ model may not be what you like, and by then it will be too late.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Myself personally, go for one now.
You know what you are getting and I fear that the centre touchpad will go and the entertainment screen will go to portrait mode, which may include the climate control buttons and even may displace the central heating fans.
If this happens then I can’t see how it can be classed as a facelift and would be more like a next generation model.
Right now you know what you are getting, and the ‘face lifted’ model may not be what you like, and by then it will be too late.
true, but I would prefer if the interior would be like c-class, looks better to me (plus I am in IT, so I do prefer the gadgets), and in that case, I would like the new model more :) I am going to the dealership on Thursday, so I have a couple of days more to think about it

·
Registered
20 Posts
true, but I would prefer if the interior would be like c-class, looks better to me (plus I am in IT, so I do prefer the gadgets), and in that case, I would like the new model more :) I am going to the dealership on Thursday, so I have a couple of days more to think about it
Having climate controls on a digital screen is a pain whilst driving.
Everything else would be fine with steering wheel controls.

1 - 20 of 83 Posts