Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, what code reader machines are everyone using for the 45s? Tried a few machines to clear a code but the a45s was too new to be listed on them

thanks

Super Moderator
I use my local Mercedes dealer its free 馃憤

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
I use my local Mercedes dealer its free 馃憤
Would be my choice too, but unfortunately it鈥檚 a 3/4 hour round trip so not very beneficial hence the reason in asking what code readers people used as it would be the easier option

Super Moderator
What codes are you trying to clear? A generic OBD Ii reader should be able to clear generic codes.

Probably not the more specific module codes.

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
What codes are you trying to clear? A generic OBD Ii reader should be able to clear generic codes.

Probably not the more specific module codes.
just the eml light, think it鈥檚 being triggered by the opf codes still being present but the opf being removed on the remap, thank you will get one ordered up, will just any for the trick you reckon as I鈥檝e tried a couple of diagnostics but can鈥檛 pick the car up on them

Super Moderator
It generally take about 3 years from the introduction of a new platform, to cheap 3rd party diagnostic readers to get all the functions.

More expensive products like Snap On are much quicker of course.

Registered
just the eml light, think it鈥檚 being triggered by the opf codes still being present but the opf being removed on the remap, thank you will get one ordered up, will just any for the trick you reckon as I鈥檝e tried a couple of diagnostics but can鈥檛 pick the car up on them
Buy this:

Edasion OBD2 Bluetooth 4.0... https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07LDDWTJG?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Use this app:

I can clear my fault codes for my OPF/CAT

1 - 8 of 8 Posts