Mercedes A-Class Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Administrator
4,822 Posts
You just navigate to the video file you want using "Folder" in the Media section, then select it. It will start playing, and then use the fullscreen button to view it fullscreen.

As said above, you ned 549 MBUX to playback video.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Cool. I'll give it a try.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Anyone with 548 MBUX able to play any kind of video file on car? This is the default MBUX fit after July 2019 models.

Do you see videos in browser if you visit youtube or any site for example?

Am i doing it wrong?
Does anyone have Xentry and WIS/EPS and ASRA curious to know exactly the chip used by mbux 549 vs 548 and also using ASRA how much labor hour and cost retrofit is supposed cost. .? For those who don't know those are the software and diagnostic tools used my mb dealers.
I have 2020 version installing Right now eventually I might buy a online version xentry as it's soo useful if you are a DIY PERSON AND FAMILIAR WITH CARS , CODES, AND HOW TO DO THIS OTHERWISE NOT RECOMMENDED FOR YOUR AVERAGE PERSON.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Anyone with 548 MBUX able to play any kind of video file on car? This is the default MBUX fit after July 2019 models.

Am i doing it wrong?
Does anyone know if 2022 where supposed to use the Xavier Soc like S class. If so mercedes claiming that 400$ covers loss augmented reality is false if your getting a much lesser computer. As customers we should not stand for this as our vehicles where supposed to get mbux 549 and many are getting older 548. If anyone knows the specific differences between the soc used in mbux 548 vs 549 lemme know but Here's what I found ...
In terms of computing power, Mercedes-Benz is once again lagging behind the MBUX of the 2nd generation of the current S-Class. Where the A-Class still used Nvidia’s “Reilly PX” and “Parker 128” as versions of the Tegra X2, the S-Class uses a Xavier-SoC with six Carmel CPU cores, Volta graphics unit and 16 GB of RAM . The MBUX Hyperscreen in the EQS uses the Xavier full expansion with eight Carmel CPU cores and more powerful Volta GPU, which comes in 512 instead of 384 CUDA cores distributed over four TPCs. In addition, Mercedes-Benz has expanded the working memory from 16 to 24 GB.

ComputerBase has obtained information about this article from Mercedes-Benz under NDA. The only provision was the earliest possible publication date.

·
Registered
5 Posts

Am i doing it wrong?
Ok so here's what I found out IL link 3 web pages

Got this from one but in nutshell I think mbux 548 mid uses Reily PX from Nvidia while 549 uses Parker 128. I can't wait until Atlan lol but we're few years from that. The EQS or whatever uses the Xavier..
"In terms of computing power, Mercedes-Benz is once again lagging behind the MBUX of the 2nd generation of the current S-Class. Where the A-Class still used Nvidia’s “Reilly PX” and “Parker 128” as versions of the Tegra X2, the S-Class uses a Xavier-SoC with six Carmel CPU cores, Volta graphics unit and 16 GB of RAM . The MBUX Hyperscreen in the EQS uses the Xavier full expansion with eight Carmel CPU cores and more powerful Volta GPU, which comes in 512 instead of 384 CUDA cores distributed over four TPCs. In addition, Mercedes-Benz has expanded the working memory from 16 to 24 GB.

ComputerBase has obtained information about this article from Mercedes-Benz under NDA. The only provision was the earliest possible publication date."
THIS IS ONLY WHAT IVE OIECED TOGETHER IF I'M MISTAKEN ANY EXPERT FEEL TO CORRECT ME but looking at specs it makes sense why no. Video on Reilly px as it might be missing g decoder or enough ram . Not sure
Rectangle Font Line Screenshot Technology
Rectangle Font Line Screenshot Technology

21 - 27 of 27 Posts