Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought I would post some pictures of the 7" instrument cluster for anyone who is interested in the base model or the Executive pack. It seems to have all the function of the 10.5" screen.

Having driven the demo model with the 10.5" screen, I don't find that the 7" is a major problem.

My nav is not working at the moment but it will show that on the instrument cluster.

Attachments

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Word of warning. If you don't go for the exec pack, the two 7 inch screens are recessed and look awful.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thats the lane warning. Not tried it out yet, been to busy trying to get the sat nav

Reactions: ikon66

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How do you get the G meter on the screen? I do not have that. Is it model specific?
It comes under driving dynamics. When you select a screen, are are other options which you will see some dots on the left side (not all the screens). To change you just swipe down on the steering wheel touch pad. The speedo becomes digital under the dial on the 7 inch. I don't know what it looks like on the 10.5, whether you can have more then one dial up at the same time.

I think you can get the G-Meter on the entertainment screen as well.

I'll be honest at the moment I just leave it in speedo when I am driving until I know 100% where everything is, don't want to be dealing with that and then write off the car, although the G-Meter does work

·
Registered
278 Posts
Word of warning. If you don't go for the exec pack, the two 7 inch screens are recessed and look awful.
That explains my confusion. Went to MB World at the weekend and sat in a new A Class and was thoroughly disappointed with the recessed screens which didn't look how I was expecting. Why they would do that goodness knows as although the screens look nice, the way they are mounted looks awful.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That explains my confusion. Went to MB World at the weekend and sat in a new A Class and was thoroughly disappointed with the recessed screens which didn't look how I was expecting. Why they would do that goodness knows as although the screens look nice, the way they are mounted looks awful.
I was surprise, it looks like that have got two 7 inch tablets and mounted them to a bit of plastic.

I saw photo's when I bought mine and though it looked OK. I was going to go for the base pack as I don't really need the auto park, the heated seats and the mirrors are about the same size when they are folded, the only thing I liked was the larger infotainment screen. I was then worried what it would look like with the 7 and 10.5. I was glad when it was all flush and thought the photo's was pre-release model, but no, they build an amazing looking car, deck it out in a top quality interior with more tech then anything on the road, bar a Tesla, then skimp of fitting the screens. I don't know why they did not just release all the models with the two 10.5 inch screens, would have though that would work out cheaper with less tooling.

·
Registered
239 Posts
How do you get the G meter on the screen? I do not have that. Is it model specific?
It comes under driving dynamics. When you select a screen, are are other options which you will see some dots on the left side (not all the screens). To change you just swipe down on the steering wheel touch pad. The speedo becomes digital under the dial on the 7 inch. I don't know what it looks like on the 10.5, whether you can have more then one dial up at the same time.

I think you can get the G-Meter on the entertainment screen as well.

I'll be honest at the moment I just leave it in speedo when I am driving until I know 100% where everything is, don't want to be dealing with that and then write off the car, although the G-Meter does work
Strangely, I cannot seem to find that option.:-(

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I do have this option. Maybe they are different with the 10" screens.
Could be, because I get that on the centre infotainment screen. Maybe because they have more space to play with it is different.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Will have a look what it is under and let you know.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Found my G Meter. Only shows on the centre screen and only when in sport mode. Cannot seem to find it on the drivers screen. Must be different with the larger screens.
Found it on mine in any mode on the drivers screen. It is under driving dynamics and is the only option. It is all the way to the right on the menu, before the service.

Do you have the AMG line, maybe it is different with different cars. Mine is the A200

Reactions: Scotty12

·
Registered
239 Posts
Found it on mine in any mode on the drivers screen. It is under driving dynamics and is the only option. It is all the way to the right on the menu, before the service.

Do you have the AMG line, maybe it is different with different cars. Mine is the A200
Mine is the A200 Premium Plus. I think the last option on my display is "Displays". I don't think I even have driving dynamics as an option.
I need to have another look as this is really bugging me ?

Nope, do not have that option.

Attachments

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ah, that makes sense then. Mine is the A200 Sport!
If that is the case, then that is amazing that Mercedes went to that much detail to actually change the system based on whether you have an AMG Line or Sport, not for you of course because you miss it.

I have Windows 10 from the might of Microsoft and even though I have it on a mighty gaming system, it still has tablet options.

Reactions: Scotty12

·
Registered
219 Posts
Hi all,

I'm having difficulties getting to see the 7" screens.

Can someone tell me - do they display the same as the 10.25" (just smaller) or is the layout different? ie: can you still display two dials side by side?

If anyone with the 7" could do a short video or a couple more photos I'd be immensely grateful!

1 - 20 of 80 Posts