Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

41 - 60 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
On lease it was £4/month to go to the AMG-Line over the Sport, but £80/month to go to the bigger screens. I *much* prefer the bigger screens, but stayed with the dual 7" on the principle it's a lease (so not my car) and it's a whole lot better than the alternatives out there for the same price.

If I was buying I'd go for at least the 10.25" infotainment screen.

I absolutely wanted LED lights, as these are brilliant on my current car. I also wanted the AMG-Line for the multi-link suspension (although this info is now in question).

·
Registered
101 Posts
If anyone is still interested to see, I've found a new video review with the 10 inch infotainment and the 7 inch cluster:

She doesn't go into much detail on the screens though, but it is the only review that i've seen so far with the dual sized screens.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I think we need to get some perspective here. Clearly the bigger screens are nicer, but the smaller ones do everything they need to and the interior is still a nice place to be, especially compared to some of its rivals.

My experience was that I had to rule out both Audi and VW as neither could actually build me a car within 10 months of ordering.

The closest I could find was the new Ford Focus ST-Line X, which came in around £500 more than the Merc!

And the interiors? No comparison - the Ford has nasty vinyl on the doors, black black black everywhere (except for a bit of fake carbon fibre) and possibly the most colourless and dull instrument panel I've ever seen!

I do envy those of you with your 10.25" screens, but not too much :p

Attachments

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
I quite like the Focus dash, yes it is black but it does look classy. The trouble is that as well as being smaller in the back then the A-Class, the front feels smaller and more claustrophobic. the A-Class has been designed to make it feel more airy, with the low center console and the shape of the dash. As you said, the 10.5 inch look amazing, but the 7 inch screens still look a lot better then most generic cars.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I quite like the Focus dash, yes it is black but it does look classy. The trouble is that as well as being smaller in the back then the A-Class, the front feels smaller and more claustrophobic. the A-Class has been designed to make it feel more airy, with the low center console and the shape of the dash. As you said, the 10.5 inch look amazing, but the 7 inch screens still look a lot better then most generic cars.
It was a huge improvement on the last interior and drove well (especially for a 3 cylinder engine) but I just couldn't get on with the interior. I think it photographs better than it looks in person. The instrument cluster especially was a let down. I think the bottom line (and don't forget we're talking lease here) is that I just couldn't get excited for the Ford, moving from my SEAT Leon FR. The A-Class I could :)

·
Registered
58 Posts
I’ve just taken delivery of an A250 Executive, so happy to send pics/answer questions to anyone wondering about the 7in instrument cluster. Media screen is upgraded to 10.25in when you add the Exec package, for anyone who isn’t sure.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I've ordered my AMG line with Exec pack (delivery on the 9th March). Was really gutted about the 7" cluster but after reading all of guys. I guess I will be alright with it ? looking forward to it now. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I've just picked up my new A200d AMG Line Executive today. I have to say personally I am absolutely gutted the instrument display is 7". I can't believe you have to choose between a speedo or a rev counter. After driving a couple of demo cars with the 10" display I mistakenly believed the Executive pack gave the twin 10" displays. For a lot of people this won't be an issue but I strongly advise you to test both first! Had I known I would have gone for the Premium package. On a more positive note I have the new 1950cc Diesel engine with 8 speed gearbox and its fantastic. The car also has the multi beam axle which the dealer didn't even realise.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I've just picked up my new A200d AMG Line Executive today. I have to say personally I am absolutely gutted the instrument display is 7". I can't believe you have to choose between a speedo or a rev counter. After driving a couple of demo cars with the 10" display I mistakenly believed the Executive pack gave the twin 10" displays. For a lot of people this won't be an issue but I strongly advise you to test both first! Had I known I would have gone for the Premium package. On a more positive note I have the new 1950cc Diesel engine with 8 speed gearbox and its fantastic. The car also has the multi beam axle which the dealer didn't even realise.
I picked up mine today (A200 AMG line Excu Pack) 1st thing I noticed, it doesnt come with ambient lights (gutted). I was under impression that it will have at least one solid colour line.

I'm OK with the 10" and 7" display so far. Park assist was a bit scary when it goes near the parked cars but getting used to it.

Premium and Premium Plus pack wasnt available options for the scheme I took my car on otherwise defo would have taken Premium Pack.

Attachments

·
Registered
219 Posts
My car has the twin 7” (recessed) screens and to be honest they’re fine - bright, sharp and responsive.

I use CarPlay a lot so the bigger media screen would have been wasted, seeing as CarPlay fits the 7” but does not stretch to fit the 10”.

I think these things are all relative.

I do miss the front parking sensors more!

·
Registered
434 Posts
I have seen a few posts on this forum about people receiving cars that don’t have the equipment they were expecting - smaller screens, ambient lighting, CarPlay, etc. I wonder if this is because cars are ordered through lease companies and not via the dealer?

I bought direct from MB - and yes paying a bit more for the privilege- but they were really detailed in explaining what is & isn't included in each pack. The one reason I went for the Premium pack is because of the larger screens.

·
Registered
219 Posts
It's stabilised a bit now, but in the latter 6 months of last year MB changed their brochure at least 5 times. It was a gamble whether my A180 would have multi-link suspension (it does) or would be upgradable to CarPlay (it is). I misread about the front parking sensors (my fault, I knew Exec was required for self-parking, but just assumed front sensors would be on all). I also couldn't get to drive the A180, only the A200. Luckily I can't tell the difference!

·
Registered
209 Posts
I have seen a few posts on this forum about people receiving cars that don’t have the equipment they were expecting - smaller screens, ambient lighting, CarPlay, etc. I wonder if this is because cars are ordered through lease companies and not via the dealer?

I bought direct from MB - and yes paying a bit more for the privilege- but they were really detailed in explaining what is & isn't included in each pack. The one reason I went for the Premium pack is because of the larger screens.
Emphatically Yes! I leased my car, and prior to ordering had a very lengthy email conversation with the lease company precisely to ensure that the car I was ordering ...a180d sport... would definitely have CarPlay. They even sent me a screenshot of the - allegedly exact - spec, with CarPlay clearly highlighted under the list of, “standard features”.

Of course upon arrival it came with no CarPlay, and after I complained they apologised and told me they’d mistakenly looked at the spec for the W176 (which does have CarPlay) and sent me the wrong information accordingly.

On the plus side I suppose they made SOME attempt to rectify the error; they agreed to refund the leasing fee of £180 as compensation.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
I got my A200 AMG Line Exec model on lease, however I dealt directly with the dealership. Before I signed I looked at the brochure from the Mercedes website and knew exactly what I would get with each model, so I was aware of what I had and what I didn't. There was a few things on the premium model that I wanted but I could not warrant the extra cost for all the things I did not want.

Having driven the Premium car and my exec model, I find the single 7 inch screen fine, it shows the rev counter with the digital speed no problem. Having the Exec line makes it lose the 7 inch recess which I think is nice.

I'm probably one of the few who didn't want the ambient lighting.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm the
I’ve just taken delivery of an A250 Executive, so happy to send pics/answer questions to anyone wondering about the 7in instrument cluster. Media screen is upgraded to 10.25in when you add the Exec package, for anyone who
I’ve just taken delivery of an A250 Executive, so happy to send pics/answer questions to anyone wondering about the 7in instrument cluster. Media screen is upgraded to 10.25in when you add the Exec package, for anyone who isn’t sure.
On the 7" instrument display, can you view the sat Nav on the instrument display like you can on the 10" instrument display

·
Registered
219 Posts
On the 7" instrument display, can you view the sat Nav on the instrument display like you can on the 10" instrument display
Yes. And no.

You can display the sat-nav on the drivers screen, but not to the detail or layout of the 10" display. It can do enough though, including traffic indicators.

You can't display CarPlay sat-nav on the drivers screen, and I use CarPlay every time over MBUX sat-nav.

41 - 60 of 80 Posts