Mercedes A-Class Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ordered my A250 last week. Very Excited. Comes in July. I wasnt able to test drive it though.
Does anybody know how well it drives in terms of performance? I currently drive a Golf GT, I am really hoping this one is faster out of the blocks. (Acceleration, Power etc.) I know the statistics suggest it is quicker, just would like to hear it from somebody who now actually owns /drives one.

I also added the Command Online feature. I have an iPhone 5, the sales man says it should work as he uses his 5 with his Command Online through an adapter. Has anybody else been able to do this also? I have seen many reviews on here contrary to what I was told.

Any info is much appreciated.

Cheers,

Tim.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I pretty much demanded to go for an extended drive with the sales rep in an A250 Engineered before placing an order, and gave it a good blast on a mixture of motorway, country road and inner city driving. Luckily the sales rep was a fellow petrolhead and has a Cosworth, so he openly persuaded me to push it to it's limits

It felt very quick in comparison to my current 2.0l 140 bhp diesel VW Scirocco (obviously), but a very different sort of performance to my previous Leon Cupra R and Civic Type R. Both of those were a lot more 'raw', whereas the A250 felt more like a luxury & refined drive. I can only describe it like being in a big car like a s-class or a 7-series, the top models which will match / beat the acceleration on the A250, but obviously not the same experience / excitement as flooring it in a hot hatch if you get what I mean??

Eco and Sport mode is like 2 different cars - the Eco mode changes gears quickly and produces little oomph, but switch it into Sport mode and it is rev hungry, holds onto the gears far longer and goes like stink! My only slight criticism is that despite having the paddle shifts, you can not fully control the gears and so cannot rip the engine to pieces as you can in a full manual for that little bit of extra excitement

I consider it more like a posh mans hot hatch. Cannot see many 'boy racers' picking it over the likes of a Focus ST / VXR / Meganne, but I sure as **** am glad I went for one

My observations may not be the best as I do not take delivery of my own car until 2 weeks time, but hope it helps anyway

Have you went for the engineered or normal version?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for that. Much appreciated.

I went for the normal 250. Felt I'd rather spec up the interior etc than spend more on the Engineered as they have the same engine? Big fan of the Engineered though. Happy that you felt a big difference between your VW and the 250 though. Last thing i want is getting a car more sluggish than the one I already have.

I test drove a 200 CDi, wasn't too impressed with its ability to take off. However, loved the car itself. Interior was lovely, the ride was quite good.. despite the reviews i have seen online for it. Took it on country roads but didnt manage to hit the motorway. I was sold on it with the Panoramic Roof and the in car tech (iphone integration with siri etc)

What options did you go for?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts