Mercedes A-Class Forum banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Vendor
987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
ZainK said:
Fitted my edition 1 guards a few weeks back think the small details make the big differences!

Great photo and glad to hear you like the guards. Some serious shine on those tyres!! What stuff do you use to get those sort of results??

·
Registered
278 Posts
ZainK said:
Hi, thanks again!I used poor boys wheel wax on the alloys and for the tyres I used meguiars endurance tyre gel.

Same here. The tyre gel is the best I've ever used - just don't use too much as it slings it everywhere. I only need to use it about once a month / 6 weeks as it lasts ages.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Hi, am looking at getting some of these, only question I have is, satin or gloss, with the gloss will the vinyl wrap last, this would be my preference as the other black parts are gloss. Just realised that's two questions, anyhow would like comments to help.

·
Vendor
987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Viking65 said:
Hi, am looking at getting some of these, only question I have is, satin or gloss, with the gloss will the vinyl wrap last, this would be my preference as the other black parts are gloss. Just realised that's two questions, anyhow would like comments to help.

Hello, the gloss vinyl will hold onto the guard for quite a while (1-2 years minimum, yet to see any of these peel in over 2 years currently), it will however get hit with stones so the finish will dull over time. We've had good feedback with the gloss guards but personally I prefer the satin as they are a bit cheaper and look more subtle, they won't match the gloss black accents as well however that these cars come with from factory. It comes down to personal preference really but you can't go wrong with either

21 - 31 of 31 Posts