Mercedes A-Class Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody found 7 Speed DCT Auto gearbox being quite slow onsteering wheelpedals in Manual mode and notvery smoothin prolonged slow moving traffic in ECOor SPORT mode, especially downhill? Also a bit difficult to reverse extremely slowly as car does not properly maintain its speed if road is uneven. <?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

·
Registered
629 Posts
I find it pretty quick in manual mode TBH. Its very smooth in Eco mode although there have been a couple of occassions where it has been a little bit jerky at low speed. Generally I happy with the dual clutch box though

·
Registered
629 Posts
My jerky box got worse in slow traffic and the car went to the local service dept on Monday. I also asked them to look at how much clutch slip there appeared to be sometimes. I was scared to risk turning right in a gap in the traffic because sometimes the car would be very slow to get going - other times it would be no problem.

Anyhow, apparently there was a software update for the gearbox and it is now much improved.

They also resolved the rattling seatbelt height adjuster. I think all they did was apply some form of grease but whatever - it is now silent!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
mon2s said:
My jerky box got worse in slow traffic and the car went to the local service dept on Monday. I also asked them to look at how much clutch slip there appeared to be sometimes. I was scared to risk turning right in a gap in the traffic because sometimes the car would be very slow to get going - other times it would be no problem.

Anyhow, apparently there was a software update for the gearbox and it is now much improved.

They also resolved the rattling seatbelt height adjuster. I think all they did was apply some form of grease but whatever - it is now silent!
Hi,

Did this update fixed your slow traffic jerks completely or at least improved it, if so which garage installed your update and if any known update references or person who's done it , please?

Thank you

·
Registered
629 Posts
Hi,

It is improved is how I would describe it. My main issue was that there was too much slipping of the clutch if I needed to dart across a gap in traffic and this is definitely better.

It was done at the service dept of Mercedes Solihull and my service manager is called Luke.

The seatbelt adjusters have been silent ever since which is a joy!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Guy's, just posted on asimilarthread, as this has me a bit confused.</span><div style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">

<div style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">I've been experiencing similar issues with the 7 speed DCT ""” groggy/or jumpy whenpulling away at slow speeds or flipping quickly from brake toaccelerator""” so spoke to my dealer, MercedesBenz Loughton.
<div style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">

<div style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">Whilst they are happy for me to bring it in to be looked at, they told me no updates have been issued for this model (or the B-Class which uses thesameauto box). Theyspokethe directly to the Mercedes' engineering dept in Milton Keynes and they confirmed nosoftwareupdates for the DCT have been released.
<div style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">

<div style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">Any ideas?

·
Registered
629 Posts
When I rang MB to moan about my DCT back in April, they said there were no updates but when the car went into them about other issues as well, they did an update on the gearbox (I was told when I picked it up!).

Its still not right and I'd trade it for a manual in an instant but it definitely improved after that visit to MB whatever they did. I drive it more and more in manual mode now - its like a different car in M.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts