Mercedes A-Class Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, just wondering if anyone can help… I have a really loud noise when turning my steering wheel both ways full lock at low speeds in my A-class.

I’ve had the car into 2 garages and both have said they cannot find any faults and don’t know what the noise could be…

Any help would be great… I do have a video of the noise but can’t upload it.

cheers.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Which model do you have? I'm guessing its got electric steering, so we can probably rule out hydraulic fluid being an issue. If those two garages can't find the fault, I would take it to someone who can. They may just be two garages who coincidently aren't that good.

·
Super Moderator
5,485 Posts
Can you let us have more information about the model as @Chow Gar has said as well, and whether it is weather dependent i.e. when its cold.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Which model do you have? I'm guessing its got electric steering, so we can probably rule out hydraulic fluid being an issue. If those two garages can't find the fault, I would take it to someone who can. They may just be two garages who coincidently aren't that good.
Hi, it’s an A180D SE Executive and the noise happens all the time in any weather…

·
Super Moderator
5,485 Posts
Okay. I thought it could be the tyre bumping problem we face in cold weather. It's clearly not that.

·
Registered
183 Posts
What year is your car and what is the current mileage.

Check your wheel arches, in case one of your liners has come loose or if there is anything else which could be coming into contact with the tyres.

I would also get your front suspension components checked as this can also happen with worn bushes, failing steering rack, shock absorbers or tie rod ends.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts