Mercedes A-Class Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2020 W177
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,
So I recently got an a180 premium plus and its my first time having a decent car. So I have been eager to get a front and rear dashcam and I am kinda lost. There are many reviews and advice on which dashcam to get and to fit it in. I then found that Halfords offer front and rear dashcams and fit it in but the dashcams they have available either have poor reviews or are too expensive. however they do offer fittings for like £35 if I buy the dashcams myself. So I managed to find this forum so I can get some advice

I want a front and rear one that has the sensors that record whilst its parked. And my budget is around £100-200 excluding the memory card.

Any help would be appreciated because its all a bit confusing for me :)

·
Registered
2020 W177
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ok I have just found out that Halfords can only fit dashcam bought from them :(

Any advice on where I can get it fitted professionally elsewhere as I cannot do it myself

·
Registered
12 Posts
I use two garmin mini's, i really like them as they're really small and you forget that there fitted. I had ones with screens and all that jazz, but I found it looked out of place in the nice a class interior, but that is just my opinion. Good luck with your search 😊

·
Registered
2020 A200 AMG line premium plus with DAP
193 Posts
I use two garmin mini's, i really like them as they're really small and you forget that there fitted. I had ones with screens and all that jazz, but I found it looked out of place in the nice a class interior, but that is just my opinion. Good luck with your search 😊
I was looking at those too. Are you happy with them? Any issues? Did you install them yourself? Thanks.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I was looking at those too. Are you happy with them? Any issues? Did you install them yourself? Thanks.
Yeah i really like them, the quality is good enough for what I need, they don't distract you or obscure your vision. Yeah i fited them myself. It took me just over an hour to fit them both, there are some good videos on YouTube if your unsure. Any questions just ask

·
Registered
288 Posts
I wouldn't be trusting Halfords to be fitting anything.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Hi Peter, yes I installed the Nextbase 522 + mini myself. It was a simple job & used the Nextbase hardwire kit from the fuse box in the passenger footwell for the power supply & tucked the cables under the roof lining & power supply cable under the A pillar. just an hour or so to complete the task

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi there. i have a Thinkware F770 front & rear. I really like it as it is discreet, flat against the windscreen and hasn't got a screen which I find pointless and distracting. Another good dash cam is the Road Angel Halo range. Like Dave I fitted it myself following instructions I found in this forum

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.