Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see on here that many people are still waiting for their's to be delivered ... This may explain why I've yet to see another A-Class on the road as yet.. and I have been looking v.hard!!

Has anybody else seen many around? I'm in London and still notice heads turning everywhere I drive :)..

·
Registered
626 Posts
I'm in Birmingham. Got mine yesterday but only seen two others since I ordered on 4th Jan!

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How are you finding it? Had mine a week and still can't stop staring at it!!

·
Registered
626 Posts
I absolutely love it! Like you, if I'm not in it, I'm sneaking a glance out of the window to look at it!

Loving learning all the new gadgets and features.

Terrible fuel economy at the moment but to be expected when everything is brand new and tight

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yep exactly the same as that... I'm glad I'm not losing it!

plus I'm getting around 17mpg at the mo!

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Are these Engineered or AMG Sports? With petrol? 17mph isn't very good. Still it may improve as you drive them? If not, I wont be going far, ha, ha.Supposed to be about 55 extra-urban, 33 urban and 44 combined for the engineered, perhaps the 18ins tyres are reducing it a bit, but 17 is a joke. Or is it the 'fast' driving?

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yep it is a petrol engineered but can't say I'm being very economical at the moment. That is just around London with stop start off and in sport mode

plus that is just over the 245 miles covered so far & not been on a long run as yet

·
Registered
138 Posts
Aberdeen is a car park during the week at commuting times so I'll just need to be patient. But thanks for the heads up on what to expect. Just have to be the petrol station's best friend for a while.

Wonder what fuel type is recommended?

·
Registered
205 Posts
Mikel, when did you order yours? - and was it from Mercedes-Benz Chester?

I ordered an A180 Sport with Night package in January, but won't see it 'til mid May.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Still not seen another one on the road in London as yet!!

Was stuck on the A40 near Shepherds Bush yesterday evenining due to road closure cos of bad accident & twice had to wind passenger side window down to answer questions from admiring fellow jammed motorists.. loving it while it lasts.. also accosted in Sainsbury's East Dulwich car park this morning by young chap asking me how it handled and generally being gushing on how it looks

·
Registered
4 Posts
I ordered mine in October,delivered March 1st.Automatic gearbox,lumber seat adjustment and centre arm in rear seats.p

·
Registered
205 Posts
Just saw a South Sea Blue AMG Sport in Liverpool. Looked absolutely stunning - and I'm not usually a fan of cars in primary colors (except supercars).

I reckon the one I saw had just been picked up, as there is a MB dealer very close by and this one was gleaming - even in the horrible slush and snow.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Today, I saw a South Sea Blue A Class, absolute standard base model, no packs or options, standard 16inch alloys, halogen headlights, and it looked brilliant!

Only just over 3 weeks til I pick mine up now. Considering I was impressed with the base model with no options, I know I'll be over the moon with my Sport with night package! :)

·
Registered
28 Posts
I am driving the A200CDI and these are my results so far.

I have done some longer runs now Brussels to Amsterdam got 5.8 liter/100km
And Brussels to Luxemburg city average was 6.3 liter/100km did go up to 190 km/h in Germany.
Overal now at 6.2 liter /100 km

Sorry for the metric figures calculating time perhaps ..

Raven

1 - 20 of 21 Posts