Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know how to correctly remove the A pillar on the passenger side? There’s a noise coming from that area of my car which is doing my head in. A sort of creaking noise like something is rubbing.
Also, anyone get a sort of rattle/creak/knocking noise coming from the seat belt holder? (Where the seat belts comes out from)

·
Registered
51 Posts
Pull of trim around door at holder area. Gently pull trim away. The hard part can be re aligning the height adjuster when re fitting.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Seat belt rattles were a major issue when the ‘new’ A class was launched in 2012. I think it was to do with the magnetic belt holder fitted behind the pillar cover

·
Registered
51 Posts
Kepp the bit with airbag out of the clip. Put the trim back im place.
Fit the surround bit to the clip and then push in the airbag written bit

Also watch for the door trim rubber catching

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Kepp the bit with airbag out of the clip. Put the trim back im place.
Fit the surround bit to the clip and then push in the airbag written bit

Also watch for the door trim rubber catching

This is what I’m left with. It does go in but it just falls back out again. Keep the bracket in the lug attached to the car. Line up the trim then press the airbag badge through into the clip? Doesn’t work for me and it’s driving me insane unless I’m missing something lol

·
Registered
51 Posts
IGNORE THE BELOW. SCROLL DOWN FOR CORRECT WAY. THE METAL CLIP HAS TO FITTED AFTER THE TRIM HAS BEEN FITTED

Try this. Partially remove the bracket so its not not fully home in the slot in the metal. Push and alighn the trim. Then push in the airbag clip.

I know mine was fiddly. If it doesnt work ill take mine off tomm and post pics

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Try this. Partially remove the bracket so its not not fully home in the slot in the metal. Push and alighn the trim. Then push in the airbag clip.

I know mine was fiddly. If it doesnt work ill take mine off tomm and post pics
Pics would help mate. Tried that above and had no luck. Even if I do manage to get it in, the air bag badge doesn’t sit flush and it pops back out dead easy.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Still can’t get the A pillar back on. I took the other one off to see how that’s fitted, guess what? I now have to A pillars I can’t get back on.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I have just removed mine and refitted.
1. Fully remove the metal clip.
2. Insert the trime and push into place so the back of the "airbag clip" hole is touching the bracket.
3. Now insert the metal clip but not fully.
4. Push the airbag clip into place.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts