Mercedes A-Class Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi My Aclass is playing up and the garage are saying that the air flow mass meter needs replacing, part no A1661500379. I have hunted around on ebay etc but wonder if there worth buying as may have the same fault. Can anybody in the forum reccomend someone who rebuilds at a reasonable price or does anyone in here have one for sale?

many thanks

m

·
Registered
3 Posts
hi there , is the mad air flow meter the same as a mass airflow sensor installed just after the air filter , if so I have cleaned mine with brake and carb cleaner , I took it off and there is a tube with 2 metal wires in it over time the get all mucked up , from the dirty air that passes over it so I cleaned mine before I got a new one I emptied a full can of brake and carb cleaner in the little tube till the wires were clean and shiny mind you HAVE NOT GOT TO PHYSICALLY TOUCH THE 2 WIRES , just squirt the aerosol cleaner down over the wires ,,,,worth a try , someone else on here may have another solution that's what I did and it worked for me good luck

·
Registered
7 Posts
I sent my Air Mass Sensor of to ECU testing, they diagnosed a fault and sent it back within a couple of days 20 minutes refit and the car now runs a treat fuel consumption is back to normal, starting and running is now perfect, i personally would not mess about with it, cost less than £200 which seems a lot but considering i was quoted £750 by my local garage and £850 by MB !!
Its a no brainer really £550 saving and its easy to do

1 - 6 of 6 Posts