Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
QUERY ABOUT ECU/MAF, OXYGEN SENSORS & EGR VALVE

I have a 2000 A140 and had intermittent spluttering of the engine at low revs, stalling, and finally probelms starting. I took it to a garage and after diagnostics he said my ECU may need replacing, and/or the EGR valve has a problem.

I got a second opinion and got the actaully diagnostic codes, which wereP0100-001 & P0100-004. Through a bit of research this does actually turn out to be the MAF (mass air filter) but this is inbuilt in to the ECU. I sent this to ECUtesting to be repaired and have received it back and fitted it.

MY QUERY

On the whole the problem has been significantly reduced, but I still have intermittent probelms starting and splutter/stall when I floor the accelerator from idle (no problems if I ease it down, justif it is aquick burst, which).

I have read elsewhere that when you have had problems with your MAF, you may also need to get the Oxygen Sensor replaced.

Would this sound about right for my symptoms, or would the EGR valve be a more likely candidate?

Thanks for any help in advance.

·
Registered
373 Posts
im notexperienced with mercedes engines but knackered MAF (Mass air flow) sensors can cause all sorts of running issues, hesitancy etc. Im not sure how things work with mercs but i know for my sccoby for example that a knackered MAF does not mean a change of lambda/oxygen sensor too.

id probably start with checking all the tubes/pipes are secure, in good nick, not split etc. You've probably already done all this though

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi I am just about to get ECU refurbed can you tell me how easy it was to strip out and how much it was to get the repair done
Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts