Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Evening all.

I purchased my 2014 A Class about a month ago. Absolutely love the car but it has developed a rather annoying vibration sound! The heater vent at the base of the windscreen is vibrating to the point of distraction. If I put any pressure on it then it stops but I cant drive one handed all day! Has anyone had this before and had it fixed or does anyone know how easy it is to take the vent out? Thanks in advance

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hello dude! I have a 2017 A-Class, with only 20.000 km (in absolutely perfect condition) and I have lots of rattles in all over the car. The point is that the vibrations and rattles are random. For example, this period I have rattles and vibrations in the dashboard (passenger's side, the glove box), the speedo, the screen and in the collumns with safety belts. I also have sometimes in the passenger's seat. In summer, I had in speedo, screen and belt's columns. I visited our MB Dealer, they fixed these rattles, but some months ago, they went back. I also have rattles in the front door's interior. I am very dissapointed by these problems. Fortunately, that are the only problems.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hi guys,

We are just driving some rattling machines.
I have mine for 5 years and it’s the same. Try to DIY to fix them, I think you’ll do a better job than the Merc dealers.

Cheers

·
Registered
87 Posts
Totally oposite experience here! My 2015 A180 is quiet as a mouse.
I live in Évora PT, I drive allot through harsh coblestones here. Winter, Summer, no ratling!
Ok, one exception that annoys me, front brake pads rattle. There´s nothing that can be done. These are Lucas / TRW type callipers, they simply ratle. This is a known issue with this kind of brake calipers, "recently" in this case 2 springs were introduced in the pads to stabilize them, but in coblestones, they rattle :-(
I wish they have mounted ATE type calipers. It´s a differente contruction. Have them in 2 Volvos we had at home, no noise from brake pads.
But I can live with it...

·
Registered
39 Posts
Yes I know about that front brake pds rattle cauze I have it as well.
You have some details about stabilizer springs?

Thx.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Yes I know about that front brake pds rattle cauze I have it as well.
You have some details about stabilizer springs?

Thx.
Hello. No, I have no solution. There is no solution :-(
On the image I attached you can see the pads springs. They do exist already but they don´t solve the problem.
I had this problem on a Peugeot before, I can feal this rattles a bit less, but still to much, in my oppinion.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts