Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! Can anybody tell me if there is a visual difference between an A180 AMG Sport and an A200 AMG Sport if there is no badge on the back? In other words, when I pick my car up is there an easy way to see it is an A200?

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
I've just looked at the brochure and it looks as if only the alloy wheels are different. Perhaps someone else will spot a difference, but I couldn't. I have been looking at these cars like a maniac since they were developed, ha, ha.I fell in love with the engineered which is only available in one choice.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hi Anzz,

I always thought the Model type (i.e. SE, Sport, AMG Sport, Engineered by AMG) gave rise to any visual difference such as trim, vents, body kit, alloys, brake callipers.

I thought the A180/A200/A220 was linked to what was under the bonnet and reflective of the size of the engine.

I could be wrong, but i'm sure there is no visual difference between the A180 and A200 if both are the AMG Sport model other than the model badge on the boot.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your comments. I think I'm driving myself paranoid!!!

·
Registered
626 Posts
On the diesels there is no visual differences on an A180/A200/A220 with the AMG Sport pack either with or without Night Pack.

I'll be keeping my car badged!

Edited by: mon2s

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've asked for my A200 to be debadged as I think it looks a lot cleaner at the back. Might get a nice AMG badge to put at the back on the right! LOL

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just a thought but the merc garage should be able to get them when they're repairing cars after accidents. When the A45 is launched they must be available as a spare you'd think?

·
Registered
626 Posts
Trouble is, whenever you see a de-badged car you immediately assume it is a base model trying to hide its true origin. And that is often the case.

Mind you, my friend has a BMW 335i and that is de-badged so the rule doesn't always apply!

·
Registered
1 Posts
The a180's tyres are 20mm thinner than the a200- i think
Having the very same dilema/ argument with the wife! Ha :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi ...... The question as to where you can buy the AMG badge I'm afraid I can't answer, but I found this thread posted by 'Tonio95' with the part number & picture of the badge.

http://www.aclassclub.co.uk/forum/amg-parts-number_topic763_page1.html

the part No. for the AMG Badge on the rear is: 176 817 00 14, picture is shown in this thread (half way down on page 1), if anybody can tell me what website to buy one from, it would be appreciated.

Safe driving

·
Registered
3 Posts
Not aware of any visual differences. I had a demo A180 on loan until my arrived and when i got into the A200 massive difference in the drive. Clutch is sharper and better placed than the A180 and the engine in the A200 is much quieter than the noisy A180 Renault engine.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi .......... Spoke to the local dealer and to order the original 'A45' tailgate AMG badge, it will cost £51.64 incl vat.

Matt, do you have a part No. and cost from Rebellion, is it an original or a direct copy you have ?

Hope this helps

Safe driving

·
Registered
178 Posts
U believe the look and size of the rims are different, but then again it would depend on the dealer pricing strategy

1 - 18 of 18 Posts