Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, firstly apologies for being very vague here I've got no idea how to describe this problem but here goes...

I'm driving down the road and suddenly the car brakes and one of the front wheels feels like its spinning/sliding.. and pulls towards that side.
On the main dashboard appears a warning of the car outline and red flashing lights on the side it feels like it was pulling towards.

Wasn't accelerating, braking, turning or anything, maintaining a steady speed and going in a straight line.

Does anybody have any ideas? I'm not exactly sure what this issue is or how to describe it to anybody...

Many thanks!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Sounds like Lane Assist cutting in, can you recall if you were close to the white line markings on the road?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Michaelrob92 it's your lane assist. It's a very annoying "feature" our a class has. Cannot be peranantly be turned off. For some here it's barely noticeable. For others it can turn on quite abruptly, which in your case sounds like it comes on pretty heavily.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Michaelrob92 it's your lane assist. It's a very annoying "feature" our a class has. Cannot be peranantly be turned off. For some here it's barely noticeable. For others it can turn on quite abruptly, which in your case sounds like it comes on pretty heavily.
Thanks, this seems to be it. Thanks for all your help!

·
Registered
MB A250 4M W177
258 Posts
Can be off. Near Touchpad click Car Icon and on Right Screen click icon with car and lanes, after that on Your Dashboard screen same icon will be white and off

·
Registered
733 Posts
Can be off. Near Touchpad click Car Icon and on Right Screen click icon with car and lanes, after that on Your Dashboard screen same icon will be white and off
But you have to do this each time you switch the car on ?

·
Registered
733 Posts
Nope, in Seat Leon 5F 2013, VW Golf 7, Reanult Clio 4 too
I will have to bow to your greater knowledge but I've just read this in a NCAP article about the 2012 Seat Leon

"What are the limitations? Lane Assist can be switched on and off by the driver. At the beginning of a new journey, the system restarts with the last on/off status: if the system has been switched off, it remains off at the beginning of the next journey. The system does not switch on by default at the start of a journey."

·
Registered
MB A250 4M W177
258 Posts
Sorry i mis writed my though :)
I meant Lane Assist will have to be manually off in Merc, after shuting down and power up it returns to On :).
The cars I mentioned was in mind about Start Stop after power up was always On, needed to manually turn Off:)

·
Registered
80 Posts
Sounds like Lane Assist cutting in, can you recall if you were close to the white line markings on the road?
It can also happen if there are the right road conditions - I've had it happen to me when a long line of tar had been added to fix a long crack in the road (not a new repair, BTW), and the sun was just at the right height in front of the car to reflect off the line of tar and make the system think it was a white line.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts