Mercedes A-Class Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This is the second time this has happened now.
The car was running fine until the other day. When I start it from cold it runs and idles fine no management light, I start driving on normal roads not taking it above 2000rpm it’s fine. As soon as I accelerate reasonably hard when pulling on to a duel carriage way it’s got no power and the engine management light comes on. When I stop and leave it for 20 minutes or so the light goes off.
Can anyone help?
Could it be because I ran it low on fuel the other day?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
This is the second time this has happened now.
The car was running fine until the other day. When I start it from cold it runs and idles fine no management light, I start driving on normal roads not taking it above 2000rpm it’s fine. As soon as I accelerate reasonably hard when pulling on to a duel carriage way it’s got no power and the engine management light comes on. When I stop and leave it for 20 minutes or so the light goes off.
Can anyone help?
Could it be because I ran it low on fuel the other day?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My car is booked in on Thursday to have a diagnostics Machine plugged in. After reading up on this and the 2.1 CDI Mercedes engine most people seem to talk about the throttle sensor, the mass airflow sensor or throttlebody. I’d like to throw another option into the mix. The DPF filter. Running these Mercedes in eco-mode doesn’t seem to allow the DPF filter to regenerate. Has anyone had this problem?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just to let you know what’s going on. The garage called last night and it turns out it’s the boost pressure sensor that was dirty. I’m going to collect the car later this morning and we will see how things go.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts