Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

A200 amg sport auto. Luxury Climate Control. Panoramic Roof. Night Package.Heated Seats.Electric Seats with Memory Function. Full Leather Interior with red pipeline stitching across the dash.

Pick this up today. Could not be happier. Such a lovely car to drive. Dont find the ride too hard at all. Very comfortable. However i may not be the best reference for this as my last car was a mini cooper and they are a hard ride. Ive driven along some awful roads today and you dont feel bumps have as much as some reviews have stated. Very pleased.

Rear view is fine as far as im concerned. The back bumper is literally a couple of inches further than what you can see in your rear window so very easy to judge for those who dont have the rear parking camera.

Interior is such a nice place to be and the trip computer and the audio system only took couple of minutes to completely get the hang of.

Ive also (purposefully) trigged the collision prevention assist and can confirm it works great. Which is comforting incase you inadvertently trigger it you know if you touch the brakes it will stop you.

Happy to answer any questions anyone may have.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Can only say congrats and thanks for the pics so far. thanks for taking the time to leave a lengthy report. We need this until we get ours!

·
Registered
626 Posts
Good to hear another real life verdict on the car.

I like the silver with the black pano roof. Very nice.

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
Looks great, I like the silver and black contrast :)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Thanks for posting pics and opinion of your car....really helps those of us that are waiting!! Looks great in silver with the pan roof. Enjoy.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Glad for you! Your car looks really good and the info is really useful. It keeps us waiting people sane. I have eight weeks to go, counting the days.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Little update:

Got up early to take a longer route to work so i can throw it round some country roads.

The steering is effortless when driving normally. Could literally use one finger but when you put your foot down and throw it into some bends its feels really solid and you can feel what the front wheels are doing really well. My previous car was a mini which had unbelievable handling. You just point it in a direction and it goes. The new a class is just as good. Really, really impressed and really fun. Some of the bends i took today are quite sharp and at no point did it feel like the grip was about to let go.

A few reviews have stated there is a little wobble at the centre of the steering wheel before anything happens. Not the case at all. Move the wheel ever so slightly slightly and you can feel it.

Also for those with auto. You cannot feel the gears changes in the slightest. Even when you put your foot down and change them manually with the shifters. Really smooth and you don't feel any power dropped between shifts. May be a different story in the A250 as does have more power.

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
you can really feel the shifts in my 250 when you put your foot down :D

·
Registered
205 Posts
THAT is fit! I've seen more and more pics of the car in Mountain Grey and I was thinking about changing my order to it from polar silver, but your pics have convinced me I made the right choice with silver. It looks fantastic with the black elements of the night package.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
cheers mate. I couldnt be happier with it and the pics dont even do it justice. With the silver the way some of the lines of the bodywork actually look during the day and at night are fantastic. The colour really makes them stand out and its those lines that make the car look something special on the road. Get quite a few heads turning..... Always a nice feeling.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Think the engines great. There's torque through the entire rev range so theres always pulling power. Ive got automatic but have played about in manual mode and ya dont need to be swapping gears in order find some power.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts