Mercedes A-Class Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any experience or reviews of the A200 BlueEFFICIENCY? im looking at getting this particular model in AMG sport with night package in black.

The 1.6 turbo petrol packs 156bhp so should be quick and is manual. Just not been able to test drive this particular model.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Waiting for mine to be delivered - due now 17 May which has slipped a month but the A200 AMG Sport in South Sea Blue with night vision, storage and mirror packages is what I went for.

Seems quite nippy for a 1600 car and I have come down from an EVO 6 running 380 brake. When I test drove it was the salesperson's car that had around 10K miles on it and he said it was getting better all the time as the run in loosened the engine up. When we test drove the same model next week (my missus tested) but a newer car he said it was a very different drive as it only had a couple of hundred miles on it and it did feel very different. I, initially, felt quite restricted in the car as it has black headlining and the rear view isn't too great but after a while it seemed to open up and I have to say I loved it - can't wait for delivery.

Turned a few heads as well as it still pretty rare and not common like the Audi A3 / Beemer 1

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have a 200 amg sport with becker, night pack, panoramic roof, heated seats, mirror pack, auto gearbox. The ride is very hard over uk' s bumpy surfaces, but fine on reasonably well tarmacked roads. Quite quiet inside, but some tyre noise. In ECO mode the accelerator is designed to limit a heavy foot and does take some getting use to. As the car engine has started to ease up after 800 miles, slightly firmer use of the acelerator yields the best reults. I have driven it mainly in eco mode about 400 miles on motorways and the rest on local roads with each journet about 6-8 miles , o / a i getting about 35 miles per gallon , on motorway driving gentlty about 43mpg. I anticipate that thos will improve a lot over time. In s mode the car is quite lively, but uses more petrol. In the flh it looks stunning in white with a black panoramic roof and 5 spoke wheels. It is an enjoyable on motorways. The pickup on the throttle in eco mode is sedate. On the open road it is a joy to drive, using very low revs to a achieve decent speeds. The steering is very precise and responsive on 18 inch 5 spoke wheels. The stop start is a bit of a pain and seems to have a mind of its own. I have a tendency to apply the brakes too heavily leading to some jerkiness when aproaching a stop.
I traded in a c class amg sport. Cleaning the car today i admired the compex deating of the bodywork and how well put togethe it is cf my 2010 c clas. It is a big step. I particularly like the location of the gear stick for the automatic , the electronic parking brake, these make the central console uncluttered. I like the front and back parking sensors, that are very effective, but have been averse to try parallel parking.
The car has lots of toys/ settings to play with, which can be a little distracting especially when the becker is on and driving in heavy traffic. On the motorways drving at the speed limit in hEavy rain it feels very stable and safe lending confidence.
All in all a beautifully put together motor which is a pleasure to drive on decently tarmaced surfaces. Comparing it with my 2010 c class it s a significant step forward in design and technology, looks very inidividual and in a different league to the BMW's and Audis.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
TerryA213 & Tazio, thank you for your comments. There still telling me the end of may so will put my own review up when it finally arrives!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Intersting comment regarding the slugish response of acceleration with ECO "on". I have never turned it off and did make a comment recently that I thought there a lag when accelerating. I thought it was just me as I often drive the car in differents shoes/boots. To be honest I haven't been applying a lot of throttle yet. Still only 700miles on the clock.

Once the engine is slightly more broken in, I'll play around with the ECO button and see if it makes a big difference.

·
Registered
43 Posts
The car is much more lively if driven in sport mode. With my automatic when driving off from start, i ease the hrottle own, then back , two to hree times a it changes up the gears- very smooth cf my c class automatic. It alo works well if give the car a boost by flicking the left paddle down, after a while it automatically reverts back to auto. Very smooth!
Braking smoothly to stop can be a pain, as the sutem looks for criteria to be met before it decides to engage the stop/start. On hills , when stopiping one can apply extra pressure on the brake pedal to engage HOLD, which is useful.Touching the accelerator starts the engine and if drive is engaged imoves forward

1 - 6 of 6 Posts