Mercedes A-Class Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took my A200 to get an ECU upgrade a while ago (wasn't expecting them to be able to upgrade it as it was such a new car). Bloke took the ECU info and sent it off for modification (to actually create the remap). This was a few months ago and haven't heard anything back.

Has anyone remapped their W177 A200 ECU? Or any W177 A class for that matter?

Sam

·
Registered
212 Posts
Took my A200 to get an ECU upgrade a while ago (wasn't expecting them to be able to upgrade it as it was such a new car). Bloke took the ECU info and sent it off for modification (to actually create the remap). This was a few months ago and haven't heard anything back.

Sam
What was the ECU firmware upgrade supposed to sort out? The DCT gearbox response, the engine or both?

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have asked TDI Tuning and CelticTuning if they can remap my new W177 A-Class. They said, not yet! But, they will send me an email if they can do it.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Well if the ECU tamper proof seals are broken, and if its remapped, then you have lost the warranty on your brand new car!.

Additionally when it goes in for its service, any remap would get wiped off when they do an ECU firmware update check. This is carried out at every engine service.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Same lump is found in A220, A250, A35 - the Mercedes M260 DE20LA ?

Should be able to put an A220 to >330bhp then if the A35 is making 302hp stock :)
(providing the gearbox will take it of course)
I’m sure the A220 and A250 engines are identical but the A220 is detuned in the ecu. The A35 however has a different twin scroll turbo, cooling system differences etc, it’s only basically based on that engine

·
Registered
1 Posts

Sam
I have ordered a tuning box for my A200 from racechip its the GTS one pushing it to 203 BHP

1 - 9 of 9 Posts