Mercedes A-Class Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hey I just purchased a 2020 A200, since owning it I have a weird sound coming from the centre console I believe , I brought it to the dealer and they couldn't find the source of this sound .
the car has less than 5,000 km on it .
Any ideas what could be causing it ?

Thanks in advance

Link to the video of what I recorded

[* Moderator edit: Non-child friendly language in video below- play with caution!]

Registered
Unfortunately they aren't the quietest of cars EVER. I almost never drive it without the Radio or Music on (even low) for this reason. From what I could hear it's either the dash itself is loose, maybe try and apply pressure to the dash behind the steering wheel while driving to see if that helps (best to do it somewhere quiet). It may be a fan blade somewhere in the engine bay needs greasing or lastly and least likely; you have a cricket stuck in the car that's really against your driving style 馃槄.

I hope you find the problem.

Registered
Do you have the wireless phone charger?

I had the same noise. Part of it the phone charger also the sides of the centre console and after pressing down on the areas in yellow on the below photo, also holding on with force on areas nearby e.g. either side above the usb or 12v socket the noises stopped. The Dealer managed to fix it with these photos and shown where to hold once I'd worked it out.
Trunk Automotive lighting Gas Automotive exterior Tints and shades

Hood Automotive lighting Bumper Gadget Office equipment

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You solved the issue , I can't believe how simple this was . I pushed down and it went away , im taking it to the dealership this week and have them resolve it further , hopefully they have a permeant fix

thanks !!
Do you have the wireless phone charger?

I had the same noise. Part of it the phone charger also the sides of the centre console and after pressing down on the areas in yellow on the below photo, also holding on with force on areas nearby e.g. either side above the usb or 12v socket the noises stopped. The Dealer managed to fix it with these photos and shown where to hold once I'd worked it out.
View attachment 8739

View attachment 8738

1 - 4 of 4 Posts