Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a test drive in an A200 and in the highway I noticed a small rattle but I didn´t give it importance.
Now I have an A200 AMG line and almost every time I step in the gas between 40 and 100km/h I can hear a rattle in the cabin. I will take my car to the dealership this Friday.
Anyone else have noticed a rattle in the cabin/engine while accelerating?

·
Registered
773 Posts
Had min since the first of the September, but still no rattle.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have heard a faint rattle too when accelerating. Doesn't occur all the time though and is quite faint, only hear it when there is no music. At first sounded like something was in the glove box but there's nothing in it. I haven't bothered to take it back to the dealership as it didn't seem a big deal and like I said its a really faint buzzing sound. They will likely say they can't hear nothing.

Not sure if this is the same or similar issue you describe?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Today morning I was driving to work and now I heard a second rattle, but this one is coming from a different spot.

The first rattle I reported happens only when the engine is revving up and before making the gear shift (it has automatic gearbox). The funny thing is the rattle I found today also happens when the engine is revving up, I know I'm a bit paranoic, but definitively comes from a different place.

I know this kind of noises are tricky to spot, however the first noise is really close to the front, even my wife noticed the rattle from the passenger seat. For sure is not coming from the glove box but I still need to check on the boot if there's something that can produce the rattle.

Tomorrow I will go to the dealership, I will keep you posted.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I noticed this rattle too on my drive out of the dealership post delivery. For me it sounded like something in the door compartment on the right hand side, first thing i did was heck if there is anything in there....

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I went to the dealership yestereday and the mechanic heard the noise too when we went out to drive the car. They were supposed to deliver the car the same day but they didn´t because they were fixing another issue with the infotainment system.

When I asked about the status of my car they were not able to tell me because the mechanic was already gone! (I can´t believe this tbh).

I got a replacement car which was an A200 Progressive line and this car didn´t have the rattle when accelerating.

Long story short, I will be able to know if they fixed it or not until Monday when the mechanic is back.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I went to the dealership yestereday and the mechanic heard the noise too when we went out to drive the car. They were supposed to deliver the car the same day but they didn´t because they were fixing another issue with the infotainment system.

When I asked about the status of my car they were not able to tell me because the mechanic was already gone! (I can´t believe this tbh).

I got a replacement car which was an A200 Progressive line and this car didn´t have the rattle when accelerating.

Long story short, I will be able to know if they fixed it or not until Monday when the mechanic is back.
Hi, did the mechanics find where the rattle was coming from? My engine seems to be noisy/revving when driving at low speeds.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Update:

I picked up my car last Monday, the dealership claim that the noise is fixed but I think that's partialy truth. I checked the car the last couple of day and at low speeds the noise is gone (it was there almost at everytime the engine was revving), however when I accelerate at around 50mph I can still hear the noise.

I didn't get an explanation on what happened and when I requested the report to be sent by e-mail they said yes however I haven't received anything.

Pretty dissappointing to be honest. If I get any news I'll let you know.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Johnny,

I'm too experiencing the same two rattles. One a deeper sound, but both when accelerating or going over a bump in the road. Did they ever send you the report. Might have to get in touch with the dealer about it...

Thanks

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hi Johnny,

I'm too experiencing the same two rattles. One a deeper sound, but both when accelerating or going over a bump in the road. Did they ever send you the report. Might have to get in touch with the dealer about it...

Thanks
Hello TimA,
I didn´t get any report, to be honest I feel like the people in the service department didn´t really cared. Do you have any update with the rattles on your car?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hello TimA,
I didn´t get any report, to be honest I feel like the people in the service department didn´t really cared. Do you have any update with the rattles on your car?

Johnny

I've read elsewhere that there have been a number of reports of engine mounts not being properly torqued and that that may have produced similar symptoms, maybe that's something for you to add to your list for future enquiries!

·
Registered
212 Posts
Rattles even being discovered during test reviews on A200's shipped to Australia https://www.caradvice.com.au/694632/2019-mercedes-benz-a200-review-2/
More likely design issues.

"Our test cars also exhibited occasional noises that would prompt us to request a fix from a Mercedes dealer: one had a left air vent that tended to buzz under acceleration; the other (heavily optioned) car exhibited rattles and creaks over bumps that prompted us to check for a loose dash section and ensure the steering column adjusters were clicked fully into place (they were)."

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I thought the air vent could be the source of the noise too, I live in the Netherlands and the left one is closer to me so I will give it a check.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Picked up my new A35 two weeks ago from Stratstone in Leeds, rattles from entire dash, boot catch and noisy brakes - not to mention multiple software errors on MBUX!
So far entire dash out, car returned partially fixed, not washed and scratched for good measure. They’ve had the car longer than me so far, unimpressed.

Torn the dealer a new one on Friday, car back in on Tuesday, told them if it’s not fixed I expect a new one.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Mine does this, when you accelerate it sort of sounds like something is catching / scraping sort of noise, then every so often when accelerating from standstill the exhaust or engine makes a different sound like its alot louder.

I was told by someone the noise could be the radiator vents opening and closing. you can also hear this when you lock and unlock the car sometimes.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts