Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just noticed an irritating rattle in my 3 weeks old A180 as well this weekend, after a mere 1500km (rattle has been there earlier probably, as I usually have the music on). Whenever I go over about 80-85km /h, a rattling sound from somewhere around the driver door is noticable. Sounds like half the inside of my door has come loose. Sound disappears when speed goes down again.Gonna go down to the garage next week so they can have a look and fix this sh*t

·
Registered
5 Posts
Rattles

I have an A180 but I have two rattles that have really annoyed me. One is either in the right hand door or trim beside the door, the other is above the glove compartment. The second one sounded capers plastic like, almost as if a CD wasn’t in its case properly. Because of this and other issues I took mine back to the dealer. They have identified the one in the glove compartment area, and have ordered a new piece of trim from MB. Only thing is my car will have been with them 4 WEEKS!!! tomorrow. And it’s still not resolved. I am told that the part number for the trim sends one with LED lights in it, which mine doesn’t have, and then the other take I have been told is that the MB computer system “doesn’t recognise” the part number! So my 4 month old car has had a month in the dealer just now, and a week earlier. Anyone else had this problem?

·
Registered
14 Posts
I did a test drive in an A200 and in the highway I noticed a small rattle but I didn´t give it importance.
Now I have an A200 AMG line and almost every time I step in the gas between 40 and 100km/h I can hear a rattle in the cabin. I will take my car to the dealership this Friday.
Anyone else have noticed a rattle in the cabin/engine while accelerating?
Hello,

I have exactly the same thing since the beginning. It's not very annoying neither affecting car performance so far but today that i got the car to MB Reading for my A service i mentioned it to them.

Well, I would prefer the car no to do that noise at all. My car is also A200 AMG line. I have noticed that this is happening (well is most noticeable) at low revs when you press the throttle and you leave it instantly. I could hear the noise with 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th gear.

Do other people as well have experienced the same? Does any have any response from Mercedes?

thank you

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have heard a faint rattle too when accelerating. Doesn't occur all the time though and is quite faint, only hear it when there is no music. At first sounded like something was in the glove box but there's nothing in it. I haven't bothered to take it back to the dealership as it didn't seem a big deal and like I said its a really faint buzzing sound. They will likely say they can't hear nothing.

Not sure if this is the same or similar issue you describe?
Hello,

I am having the same noise, i believe is common issue of the DSG-7 gearbox that they have, but not sure...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Today morning I was driving to work and now I heard a second rattle, but this one is coming from a different spot.

The first rattle I reported happens only when the engine is revving up and before making the gear shift (it has automatic gearbox). The funny thing is the rattle I found today also happens when the engine is revving up, I know I'm a bit paranoic, but definitively comes from a different place.

I know this kind of noises are tricky to spot, however the first noise is really close to the front, even my wife noticed the rattle from the passenger seat. For sure is not coming from the glove box but I still need to check on the boot if there's something that can produce the rattle.

Tomorrow I will go to the dealership, I will keep you posted.
Hello,

i am having exactly same issue. I think is coming from automatic gearbox. If you don't press too much throttle as to change next gear it does that small sound.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello guys ,
I have strange creaky noise coming somewhere behind dashboard or underbonet. Only when I accelerate you can hear at low speeds only when is idle and I accelerate you cannot hear . You can hear only with the radio off. Once you release the gas pedal the noise disappear. The car is a w177 A220 petrol Did anybody encounter this ?
Thank you ,

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have had my A200 5 months and yes I have a few rattles, one is the back seat which the car has been into dealer a couple of times for but I need to wait to speak to a technician so I can show them. I also have a few other rattles, one is either from the screen or the steering column area. I can't work out which. I have tightened the screws at the top of the screen which hasn't changed anything. And the other one is the drivers side air vent when the car is cold, once the heater has warmed the car up it goes away. The car is great to drive etc but the build quality lets it down.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Hello guys ,
I have strange creaky noise coming somewhere behind dashboard or underbonet. Only when I accelerate you can hear at low speeds only when is idle and I accelerate you cannot hear . You can hear only with the radio off. Once you release the gas pedal the noise disappear. The car is a w177 A220 petrol Did anybody encounter this ?
Thank you ,
I've mentioned this before, its the radiator vents opening and closing,

21 - 28 of 28 Posts