Mercedes A-Class Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys
in a200 W176 is two different manual gearboxes...
one in 1.8Litres and another is 2.2Litres capacity of oil :sad:
ill have a some problems with gears and try it figure out right quantity oil first :glasses:
BINGO low oil !!!
my gearbox orginally has 1.8L from new but right quantity to the upper plug was 2.2 :surprise:
(using FUCHS titan sintofluid FE SAE 75W)
after gearbox oil change baby benz has new life and smooth gears.
pics od burned oil in container after 55000km

https://zapodaj.net/fd9a2d47f2fc0.jpg.html

BTW dont know if was mercedes factory mistake or not?!

·
Registered
126 Posts
Hello. Can you please tell me more about this? What did you learned? Did the shifting improved permanently?
My 2015 A180 CDI with 6speed manual has a temperamental pass from 1st to 2nd, specialy when cold.
I'm considereing a gearoil replacement, but I have the same doubt. Found different info, also 1.8 and 2.2 Liters total capacity.
I also red that this gerboxes shoudn´t be filled ut to the filling plug, but something like 10mm bellow!
Sems strange, never known any thing similar, but before I get my hands dirty, I need to dissipate all these doubts.

Thanks.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello. Can you please tell me more about this? What did you learned? Did the shifting improved permanently?
My 2015 A180 CDI with 6speed manual has a temperamental pass from 1st to 2nd, specialy when cold.
I'm considereing a gearoil replacement, but I have the same doubt. Found different info, also 1.8 and 2.2 Liters total capacity.
I also red that this gerboxes shoudn´t be filled ut to the filling plug, but something like 10mm bellow!
Sems strange, never known any thing similar, but before I get my hands dirty, I need to dissipate all these doubts.

Thanks.
oil change in manual gearboxes is required for sure
right level - upper plug. (my gearbox 2.2L-upper plug)
shifting improved 100%
after 30000km still working very good

1 - 3 of 3 Posts