Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi new owner here. just purchased my wife a nice 2005 A200 1.7 avant garde.
Has only one minor issue. The front windscreen washer water pump not working.
As I can only find one pump for both front & rear water I'm assuming it's a fuse issue.
There was no owners manual with the car & I can't see a fuse on the online diagrams I've found.
Can anybody point me in the right direction.
Thanks, David.

·
Super Moderator
4,051 Posts
It maybe that a garage needs to blow air through the front washer hoses to free them up.

·
Super Moderator
4,051 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
As I said in my original post "I'm assuming it's a fuse issue.
There was no owners manual with the car & I can't see a fuse on the online diagrams I've found.
Can anybody point me in the right direction. "
Thanks for the replies so far.

·
Registered
83 Posts
As I said in my original post "I'm assuming it's a fuse issue.
Can anybody point me in the right direction. "
Thanks for the replies so far.
This web page has the fuse list for the 2009 W169 A&B class. Hopefully, it's the same for your 2005.
It doesn't list the washers at all. But, it lists two fuses each for the front and rear wipers.
So, it's possible that one fuse is for the wiper motor, and the other for the washer pump.
The two fuses listed for the front are 39 (25a) and 69 (50a). 50a is a pretty large value, though.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
This web page has the fuse list for the 2009 W169 A&B class. Hopefully, it's the same for your 2005.
It doesn't list the washers at all. But, it lists two fuses each for the front and rear wipers.
So, it's possible that one fuse is for the wiper motor, and the other for the washer pump.
The two fuses listed for the front are 39 (25a) and 69 (50a). 50a is a pretty large value, though.
Thanks I'll take a look in the morning. Looks like 69 is a master fuse covering a number of circuits.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts