Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Took delivery yesterday in the rain and fog so just a quick pic for now. Already dirty after just 60 glorious miles!

My A220CDi seems a rare engine choice - any others?

So far, my expectations have been exceeded. I wasn't sure if I was doing the right thing in trading in my 11 plate Audi TT S Line, but this A Class is a different class (ha!).

The ride really is good, the gearbox smooth, the noise levels really hushed, its very comfortable and the quality feel to everything is wonderful.

I've had a quick play with some of the toys like 'Distronic' which is very scary when you are trusting the car to brake and accelerate to keep pace with the traffic in front but I'm sure I'll get used to it.

Off to let it park itself now

·
Registered
377 Posts
looks v.nice in red actually... just being a Spurs fan could never bring myself to buy anything red..

The red trim on mine is bad enough but getting used to it

I'll have to upload some pics of mine later

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
kevybabes said:
looks v.nice in red actually...   just being a Spurs fan could never bring myself to buy anything red..

The red trim on mine is bad enough but getting used to it 

I'll have to upload some pics of mine later
LOL

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Looks really great! How did the park assist work? Were you brave enough to try it? Must be weird! Cannot wait to try mine.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Lynne said:
Looks really great! How did the park assist work? Were you brave enough to try it? Must be weird! Cannot wait to try mine.
Park assist works well - normally I would just park it myself but for novelty I expect I'll use it a few times. It identifies suitable spaces as you drive past them below a certain speed and lets you know if it will fit in them. If you OK it, all you do is the accelerator and braking while the steering is done for you. It parked perfectly - I was terrified it would kerb my beautiful new alloys but it was fine.

I only wanted the parking sensors but you have to have the Park Assist with it. Very clever!

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the comments folks. Some more pics from today (car is dirty but you can't tell too much;

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks - I kept changing my mind on colour - Mountain Grey was my other choice and I'm very glad I had red. (Half of it was me not wanting a 'free' standard colour! How ridiculous.)

I think the white ones look the part with the pano roof too.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Mine is going to be a white with Pano roof (collect it on Friday) & I have gone for the 220 engine as well, always like a little extra power, but with the diesel economy! I haven't gone for the night pack, as I am not to into the dark tinted (rear only) windows, but the AMG sport with ILS, rev cam, mirror pack, black amg wheels, active park assist, amg exclusive leather etc, Audio 20 changer, media, Becker, storage, All the reviews that I have read have complained about the firm ride but I think them all biased against this particular german make!! I also own a Honda S2000 which is firmer, but still comfortable !.....I would have been better financially with the "designed by" option...but specifically wanted the Diesel! Probably senility setting it!

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
JRH. Nice spec. Similar to mine but I am having the "engineered by" also in White. I didn't want an automatic but I really wanted the style of the car! I fell in love with the Diamond Grill. So perhaps senility is getting to us all! When do you pick yours up? I have to wait until May 2nd. Still only a few more weeks to go!

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Glad to see you have had the ILS in place of the Night Pack- so you'll still have the Xenon/LED light pack which really adds to the look IMO.
I love S2000's! I've traded in my TT and find the ride of my A220 much nicer.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Sorry, now I can see you are picking it up on Friday! When did you order it?JHR

·
Registered
60 Posts
Ordered November !I think the varying delivery seems dependant upon the dealers allocation & speed that they sell them, our local dealer thought that a week after my order he would be quoting April/May delivery!

·
Registered
80 Posts
I keep looking at these pictures of your car knowing that mine will look very similar... I feel it's going to be a very long wait until the end of April when mine will arrive!

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Finally got to wash and polish yesterday and got my first pic in the sun today. It is VERY red when clean!!

·
Registered
60 Posts
It looks very shiney & very Red & very smart! I mean to post pics of mine (a similar spec) when we get a sunny day!?!?Hasn't happened yet...no sun...no pics...but washed it at least four times !

1 - 20 of 20 Posts